Options
    Thanks for the nominations guys really nice of you all
    glad to see we all seem to be doing ok,

I just want to get my first call out of the way getting
    nervous now :)
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah watch the placement of your mouse pointer on screen when clicking in the tests, during the tests on the end of training modules it's ok as only the answer areas will be clickable but during the initial interview tests you have to be very careful.
  • mustbemad
    Options
    Hi,

Has anyone spoken to BT yet about switching off 1571, call waiting ect? Do we have to have them switched off permanently or is there a combination of numbers you can press to switch them off just before the shift starts :confused:

I am so nervous about taking my first call! I just hope that the teletec systems work better on workbooth than they do in the simulations! My PC was getting fried alive last night!

MBM x
  • PaulK_3
    Options
    The TTU file last night was massive, IE had to download all the pages to it and hold it in RAM/ Temp file. It was never going to work properly like that. I thought my laptop was going to have a nervous breakdown last night. All other TTUs are around the 40 page mark which makes it a lot easier to view.
    Calls are a bit nerve racking at first but once you learn to find your way around their KMS system it will be fine.
  • Oliver27
    Options
    From BT.Com----
    When Call Waiting is enabled you will hear a tone when the call is waiting, while the caller will hear an announcement that you are aware of the call. You can switch between the current call and the new call by using the recall key.

- To enable, dial *43#
    - To disable, dial #43#
    - To check the status of Call Waiting, dial *#43#

I cant see why 1571 would matter because your connected
    to teletech directly for 4 hours, so all it will do is takes messages
    for other people who call you who would otherwise get a engaged tone
  • Deedee73
    Options
    Well what do you know? My PC crashed and burned during last night's session. Thought I was gonna have to give up before I'd even started, but I took it to PC W***! (yes that is an expletive in there) and told them to sort it out as it has been a bag of poo since it came back from them the last time! AND I need a pc to take on loan as I work from home, Fabulous, I got what I wanted. BUT! I have forgotton what I need on my machine, JAVA, Adobe, was there anything else guys n' gals?
    Sig ah Sig Ahhh
  • PaulK_3
    Options
    Java, adobe reader, adobe flash player probably. Why not hook it all up and visit the TTU site and the meetingplace site and see if anything complains?
  • Deedee73
    Options
    Ahh, such sense, WHY haven't I got any! DOH
    Sig ah Sig Ahhh
  • PaulK_3
    Options
    Just loaded up Teletech Uni and looked at the webmail TTU, got a dual core with 1Gb of RAM here at work and it's still struggling lol. That file is waaaay too big. Deedee, make sure you have some form of antivirus and firewall loaded before doing too much. If it's a new PC you may want to run windows update on it too or it might try updating while you are on the call tonight.
  • mustbemad
    Options
    Oliver27 wrote: »
    From BT.Com----
    When Call Waiting is enabled you will hear a tone when the call is waiting, while the caller will hear an announcement that you are aware of the call. You can switch between the current call and the new call by using the recall key.

- To enable, dial *43#
    - To disable, dial #43#
    - To check the status of Call Waiting, dial *#43#

I cant see why 1571 would matter because your connected
    to teletech directly for 4 hours, so all it will do is takes messages
    for other people who call you who would otherwise get a engaged tone

Thanks Oliver, you are a star!

I guess I should have checked the BT site myself :o What you say about 1571 makes sense to me now :D The only problem is that it interupts your dial tone if any one leaves a message, will that be a problem?

MBM x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport