A real work at home job

Replies

• PaulK wrote: »
    Most recent ethernet cards will be more than capable of handling the data flow rate needed. I would check your CD works as soon as possible as they don't seem to want people to miss even one training block.

My laptop is only 7 months old but the ethernet card isnt supported, our desktop on the other hand is at least 4 yrs old and the disc works fine on it so I dont think it makes a difference how new your computer is.

MBM x
  • PaulK_3PaulK_3 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Laptops are not that well supported sometimes when it comes to Linux etc as there can be a huge difference in chipsets used. Desktops often have standard chipsets in use or PCI cards which are easily detected and supported. What laptop is it?
  • boots1_2boots1_2 Forumite
    166 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    PaulK wrote: »
    Most recent ethernet cards will be more than capable of handling the data flow rate needed. I would check your CD works as soon as possible as they don't seem to want people to miss even one training block.

hi,
    I haven't received my workbooth CD yet:(
    What should i expect after the interview does anything require immediate attention{emails,paperwork etc } ?

boots
  • PaulK_3PaulK_3 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    After interview you will get your CD, it's in the post no doubt but they seem to not understand how .... erm good Royal Mail is ;) After that make sure you have your references ready and if you are sent any emails etc respond to them or read them carefully.
    Some info for those wondering about the equipment etc:
    Q. What Browser do you want us to use?
    A) we prefer that you use IE, I don’t think I have tested with opera but I know that meetingplace is very fussy.
    Q How does the headset connect and do we need to buy anything to be able to do this?
    A) the headset plugs into the socket then your phone and the computer plug into the headset. We supply the headset and the filter.
  • Talking of emails just got my training information email,
    check your inbox fellow Monday starters :)
  • Oliver27 wrote: »
    I have found a job on monster.co.uk
    it's tech support for teletech on behalf of Sky broadband,
    it's not massive money £6ph but it's a genuine
    job that homeworkers can do min of 20hrs a week

http://www.hirepoint.com/athome
    I have applied and been offered the job, but am finding it all quite confusing and wondering if I should carry on. I was chased up for my references by phone today, which I haven't yet sent as am finding it a bit scarey. Also I have always had problems with my Sky broadband as when we are on it, if the phone rings and you answer it, it cuts the internet connection off. Also the telephone line is very muffled. Tried getting Sky to sort it but they keep trying to talk me through it on the phone and I just don't get it.......like I say....not sure I will be able to do this job.
  • Sounds like you haven't got a micro-filter installed correctly or the filter is faulty
    have a read of this http://www.broadbandzone.co.uk/shop/faq-microfilter.html

Re the job, you can always have ago I am sure the training will be very
    comprehensive and you can always leave if it's really not for you

What you got to lose?
    Talking of emails just got my training information email,

I've got that email but I haven't received my Workbooth CD yet
  • PaulK wrote: »
    Laptops are not that well supported sometimes when it comes to Linux etc as there can be a huge difference in chipsets used. Desktops often have standard chipsets in use or PCI cards which are easily detected and supported. What laptop is it?

Its an Acer laptop. The ethernet card is a Marvel Yukon something or other, which is apparently not supported by workbooth. I have ordered a belkin adaptor like they suggest so I hope that does the trick. It wont be the end of the world if I have to use the desktop, but it will be more of an inconvenience. The desktop it is too far from the phone point at the moment so would need to be moved.

Thanks for the advice though :D

MBM x
    Talking of emails just got my training information email,

Nothing in my inbox yet :sad:

Does it say what to expect from the training?

MBM x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News