A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ifilled out my application online but was still waiting for reference details so I saved it to go back into later. And it must have somehow got sent! I noticed that I had an email from them last night and then 10 minutes ago I recieved a call from America! She asked if I was still interested. I said yes but I needed to chase some reference details first. She said ok i'll send you an email with assessement details in and could I please complete within 48 hours.

I see this needs to be done on the pc you will use. Only problem is my laptop is with the techguys being mended!! So what do I do? :eek: I do have an ancient pc which I could possible use but there is no phone line near and its in a shared office. I will be working from the bedroom where there is a phone line.
    If I was to use the pc can I use my laptop later or is that it? I will be confined to the pc?

Help!! I wasn't ready for them to phone this quick esp when I had only saved it not submitted it :shocked:

Thanks in advance chaps!
  • lovelyfromlancs
    Options
    ah but have you noticed - no start date or anything - obviously i am bottom of the pile waiting for the numpty positions or shifts!

how are you today
    I'm ok tvm.:smiley:

They did say there wasn't a training date for maybe a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you'll get something soonish - unlike me! *sob again*. :rolleyes:
  • wishicouldaffordit
    Options
    I'm ok tvm.:smiley:

They did say there wasn't a training date for maybe a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you'll get something soonish - unlike me! *sob again*. :rolleyes:

oh i am sorry - did you email them to ask why?

why not just try again - get a different interviewer?
  • I just nawsed up my phone interview lol ... 1 hours kip (meh insomnia!), dry mouth, sounding like Macy Gray (on a good day), awkward silences and talking faster than I could think :rotfl: Lack of sleep makes me say stupid things too.....like offering to work Xmas day and New Years lol

Re emailing references, do you think I should hold out for the 'thanks but no thanks' email or send 'em now? :D
  • lovelyfromlancs
    Options
    I did but they haven't replied. I'm not too bothered now tbh, no point in dwelling on it. I just have to find something else that fits around the kids - easy!
    I hope you don't have to wait too long before you get your training. GL.:smiley:
  • wishicouldaffordit
    Options
    I did but they haven't replied. I'm not too bothered now tbh, no point in dwelling on it. I just have to find something else that fits around the kids - easy!
    I hope you don't have to wait too long before you get your training. GL.:smiley:
    they have another job on the hirepoint website - same sort of thing with data entry i think - worth a look, think it was mentioned at meeting yesterday, same money?
  • RebekahR
    Options
    What's the link to the new job? I couldn't see one.
  • wishicouldaffordit
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    What's the link to the new job? I couldn't see one.

inbound sales representative

http://www.hirepoint.com/athome/become/uk.html
  • RebekahR
    Options
    Oh sorry yes I've seen that one. Was looking for onewith the title data entry in it! How different is the sales one? I was wondering if anyone had applied for that instead.
  • wishicouldaffordit
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    Oh sorry yes I've seen that one. Was looking for onewith the title data entry in it! How different is the sales one? I was wondering if anyone had applied for that instead.

the sales one is the one with data entry in it
    • Answer inbound calls from consumers and small to medium businesses.
    • Data entry of a variety of required profiling information for all customers who call in.
    • Data entry will also be necessary to compile quotes, orders, and related reporting tools.
    • Attain minimal levels of sales revenue performance based on existing tenure-based goals
    • Other related duties as assigned
    i guess the difference is you jus have to sell to incoming callers - not really my thing i think - it was mentioned at our meeting, think money is the same, but performance related rises or bonuses i think - i could be wrong though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure