A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• jennyfowler
    Options
    has anyone tried to pick a workbooth session it hasnt let me do it all day and im getting so fraustrated
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

I got my paperwork and workbooth CD today as well. I start training on Monday.

I am having problems with workbooth aswell! The 2 penguins come up and the colourful text but when I get to the bottom it says something along the lines of it is loading agm and that it will shutdown itself" but it just freezes. Im having to take the battery out of the laptop to restart! :eek:

I Will now try using a wired connection to my netgeat router.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    My training starts tomorrow too
    My paperwork and disc arrived today too.
    If anyone wants to chat ahead of time either by PM or MSN-get in touch :)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • jennyfowler
    Options
    [IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/cat/3/3_8_13.gif[/IMG] well i get all that and the box to type test then i get asked to add username and password and then im told that it hasnt been posted ive been doing this all day
  • kammyk
    Options
    No sucess :(

It loads up all the multiple coulour text and then i get this.

"Starting single x window for user workbooth. please stand by while the optimal configuration is determined.
    After this session terminates the system will automatically shut down.
    Probing/loading AGP module..."

Nothing seems to happen after this, Any advice ? has anyone had a simmilar problem?

PLEASE HELP!
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    lovi wrote: »
    help.
    i have virgin's M broadband with a 2mb download speed and only 200kb upload speed. the technical support guys @teletech said i need to upgrade my broadband to get more upload. any one has this problem? and can't u really use wireless internet connection to work?

Nope that connection should be fine, I used it for a few months during my training and had no problems at all. Wireless is a no no though as you will be using a linux boot cd that probably won't recognise the wireless device, ethernet is better, more stable and less likely to drop out on you.
  • PaulK_3
    Options
    kammyk wrote: »
    No sucess :(

It loads up all the multiple coulour text and then i get this.

"Starting single x window for user workbooth. please stand by while the optimal configuration is determined.
    After this session terminates the system will automatically shut down.
    Probing/loading AGP module..."

Nothing seems to happen after this, Any advice ? has anyone had a simmilar problem?

PLEASE HELP!
    Either faulty CD or your graphics card/ chip is not compatible with it. Have you called Teletech support?
  • PaulK_3
    Options
    hi i was just reading your post i also start training monday aswell and i recieved my workbooth cd and paperwork today and i spoke to one of the teletech recruiters yesterday and they said that if we didnt recieve we could still start
    You can still start training as the CD is not needed straight away, you will need it at a certain point and will need to go to a workbooth session (conference call) but up till then you will be window based using an internet browser to access a training site and using your phone for a conference call.
  • kammyk
    Options
    PaulK wrote: »
    Either faulty CD or your graphics card/ chip is not compatible with it. Have you called Teletech support?

I am going to try the following:

4) Failed when loading AGP modules:

a. At the boot options screen try the following codes. After each code, hit enter and then let WorkBooth load. They are to be entered exactly as shown including any spaces.
    i. linux noagp
    ii. linux noddc
    iii. linux xserver=XFree86
    iv. linux xserver=XF86_SVGA
    v. linux xmodule=vesa

Wish me luck!
  • kammyk
    Options
    I fixed that problem and now I have another! :(

I get to the workbooth screen and it says

"the following network problems were detected:
    DCHP-unable to obtain IP addresss"

What do I do? I think I need a Static IP address but how do I get one of those?

I have just phoned up AOL and they say they dont offer static ip addresses :(

Please Help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport