• dawnydee73
    dawnydee73 Posts: 1,564 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes you get paid for the training
  • Koy_2
    Koy_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I have a question - Are Teletech@home people allowed breaks? Working 4/5 hour shifts without stopping might be a bit stressful if you don't get a 4/5 minute breather...
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Koy wrote: »
    I have a question - Are Teletech@home people allowed breaks? Working 4/5 hour shifts without stopping might be a bit stressful if you don't get a 4/5 minute breather...

I am not sure, BUT i dont think there are that many calls.
  • dawnydee73
    Options
    Koy wrote: »
    If you work a 4hour shift you get up to 12 mins personal time for things like going to the toilet, get a drink etc.

the longer shifts you do get breaks but I am unsure what they are as i do 4 hour shifts
  • dawnydee73
    Options
    kammyk wrote: »
    I am not sure, BUT i dont think there are that many calls.
    You'll be surprised, especially if you start earlier on, it does tend to go quieter later on in the evening. But last saturday it was busy and you would get a call about 5 mins after the last one finished right up to 11pm.
  • St8_2
    St8_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    kammyk wrote: »
    I have still not received the forms or the workbooth cd. and im supposed to be starting training on Monday!! Im really worried.

I have the worst luck.:eek:

Any luck with the forms and workbooth cd? Have you received an email about the monday start to confirm you are attending? It said on that email if you haven't received them yet then to still turn up. So dont worry you'll get them.
  • St8_2
    Options
    dawnydee73 wrote: »
    You'll be surprised, especially if you start earlier on, it does tend to go quieter later on in the evening. But last saturday it was busy and you would get a call about 5 mins after the last one finished right up to 11pm.

So only if its busy you get calls 5mins after the next? What about if its quiet? I was expecting call on top of call within seconds of the last.

I remember reading somewhere that we need to answer emails too. Is that true I havn't heard or read anything since.
  • St8_2
    Options
    Just a quick question. Do we get paid for the full shift we do or are breaks deducted?
  • dawnydee73
    Options
    St8 wrote: »
    So only if its busy you get calls 5mins after the next? What about if its quiet? I was expecting call on top of call within seconds of the last.

I remember reading somewhere that we need to answer emails too. Is that true I havn't heard or read anything since.
    That was busy for the shifts I work which are 7pm - 11pm, I think earlier shifts are busier. About 9.30pm it does seem to quiet down.

I've not had to answer emails and that was not covered in the training
  • rach!_3
    rach!_3 Posts: 654 Forumite
    Options
    hi there i have just been looking at this site and am very interested also my partner is too.
    i have looked at this vacancy TeleTech @Home Customer Service Representative, but dont meet all criteria such as
    EXPERIENCE:
    • 6 months work experience in customer service
    does everyone have this or are there any of you out there that do this job and dont have the experience? also i have not worked for the last 9 1/2 years due to being a stay at home mum, do you think this would affect my chances?
    as i feel i am completely able as well as willing to be able to do the job,
    i am a little nervous as i have been out of work for so long so all advie would be greatfully recieved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure