A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Who's panicking ? Not me-I just don't allow any lump of technology get the better of me !! :D
    (Seems to be OK now-didn't bother downloading the driver in the end)
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • Koy_2
    Koy_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    kammyk wrote: »
    Has anyone brought a headset for the training? Just wondering if it would make things easier?

I bought a new Plug in telephone with the speakerphone from argos for £7.99 but the microphone when you have it on speaker phone is pretty quiet...

I'm not sure where I am going to get my headset from?
  • Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont worry about that you get a phone/headset from teletech
    once your in training
  • BlueyHSI
    BlueyHSI Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    [IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/cat/3/3_8_13.gif[/IMG] well i get all that and the box to type test then i get asked to add username and password and then im told that it hasnt been posted ive been doing this all day
    I get this too, after I type 'test' I then get asked for my hirepoint ID and email address. I don't have a hirepoint ID yet and it isn't my username I registered with on the site to apply for the job?
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    BlueyHSI wrote: »
    I get this too, after I type 'test' I then get asked for my hirepoint ID and email address. I don't have a hirepoint ID yet and it isn't my username I registered with on the site to apply for the job?
    That's as far as I get too-in the end I assumed that was as far as you are expected to get and the info gets given to you to go further in training.
    See y'all at 5-if anyone wants my MSN just PM
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • rufus_t
    rufus_t Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    This sounds ok and something I'm interested in but I've got a few questions if you'd be so kind.

How flexible is it? I'd like to do 20 hours, but over 2 days. I have my son some evenings and the 7-11 would be great some nights, but not every night. Likewise weekends.

Is it also like a 'normal' job where you get so many days holiday a year; do you have to commit for a certain length contract, or can you work say for one month and then have a month off?

I am very interested, I just have an unusual schedule where I couldn't work the same times every week?

Thanks.
    Win £2008 in 2008 club member 536
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    rufus_t wrote: »
    This sounds ok and something I'm interested in but I've got a few questions if you'd be so kind.

How flexible is it? I'd like to do 20 hours, but over 2 days. I have my son some evenings and the 7-11 would be great some nights, but not every night. Likewise weekends.

Is it also like a 'normal' job where you get so many days holiday a year; do you have to commit for a certain length contract, or can you work say for one month and then have a month off?

I am very interested, I just have an unusual schedule where I couldn't work the same times every week?

Thanks.

I think you would need to work the same hours/time each week, Otherwise they would need re-schedule the hours each week, to suit your needs. You are allowed to do 4 hour shifts each day, I think! So you would have to do at least 5 days.

Please check with someone who has worked for them a while to confirm, as I am just starting out.

Good Luck!
  • rufus_t
    rufus_t Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks,

I'll let you know how I get on.
    Win £2008 in 2008 club member 536
  • kammyk
    kammyk Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    some of the questions people are asking are hilarious!:rotfl:
  • mumofjusttwo
    mumofjusttwo Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rufus_t wrote: »

Thanks.

i was going to do the 7-11 but after being offer the job in November they told me they only had jobs that started from 4pm :( I was offered the job again start date this evening but was told it was the same.

I do believe that you would have to do the same days each week I am afraid.

Good Luck to all those that start today. Hope you are having fun :D
    January Grocery 11/374
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family