Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• khchick
    khchick Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Chic hotel with private gardens in tranquil Bloomsbury - 4* Hotel
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail

With all of its original features lovingly restored, this 4* hotel is a memorable retreat for all visitors to central London. Spacious, en-suite bedrooms feature satellite television, telephone, granite bathrooms, mini bar and trouser press, whilst Queen/King sized four-poster beds, carved rosewood furniture and marble fireplaces add an individual twist. The hotel also boasts a unique garden restaurant with terrace and conservatory, looking onto its own beautifully maintained lawns.

Tube - Russell Square, Holborn, Tottenham Cout

Rail - Euston, Kings Cross, St Pancras, Charing Cross

Anyone know what this hotel is - weekend price of £240 (July)

Thanks!
  • LMCScotland
    Options
    khchick wrote: »
    Chic hotel with private gardens in tranquil Bloomsbury - 4* Hotel
    Hotel name and address: This information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail

With all of its original features lovingly restored, this 4* hotel is a memorable retreat for all visitors to central London. Spacious, en-suite bedrooms feature satellite television, telephone, granite bathrooms, mini bar and trouser press, whilst Queen/King sized four-poster beds, carved rosewood furniture and marble fireplaces add an individual twist. The hotel also boasts a unique garden restaurant with terrace and conservatory, looking onto its own beautifully maintained lawns.

Tube - Russell Square, Holborn, Tottenham Cout

Rail - Euston, Kings Cross, St Pancras, Charing Cross

Anyone know what this hotel is - weekend price of £240 (July)

Thanks!

It's one of the Grange Hotels based in Bloomsbury - according to a webpage on the LSE website matching the description. Most likely the Grange Whitehall hotel. Not visited them myself, but they look lovely!
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 7 June 2010 at 11:52PM
    Options
    azizsaad wrote: »
    can any one know which hotel is this?

Hotel information

This contemporary 4star hotel with recently refurbished bedrooms is just a short walk away from Oxford Street and a approx 10 minutes tube ride Westfield Shopping Centre. The hotel is ideal for family or shopping trips and boasts a great choice of leisure facilities including several bars and restaurants and a 12.5m indoor swimming pool. With an underground car park, two main tube stations next to the hotel and all major rail stations close by, the hotel is easily accessible

Matches the Hilton London Metropole??
    Just 10 minutes’ walk from the West End and Oxford Street and a 10 minute tube ride from Westfield Shopping Centre, the Hilton London Metropole hotel is the ideal destination for the business and leisure guest

The nearest underground station is Edgware Road (2 stations - 1 station for Circle, District and Hammersmith & City Lines and 1 station for Bakerloo line, both directly opposite the hotel).

• Five minutes from Paddington Station where the Heathrow Express rail service takes 15 minutes to Heathrow Airport
    • Ten minutes from Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras International Station
    • Ten-minute walk to London's Oxford Street and Marble Arch
    • Edgware Road tube station right opposite the hotel
    • On-site parking facilities for 170 cars underground
    • 1,054 air-conditioned bedrooms including Deluxe, Executive and Apartment rooms
    • Executive Floor and Lounge
    • Business Centre
    • 24-hour room service and laundry facilities
    • Fiamma Restaurant and Sport Bar
    • Coffee Shop
    • Lounge Bar - open late for hotel residents
    • Concierge Desk
    • Nippon Tuk Restaurant and Bar - thai fusion cuisine in luxury surroundings and fantastic views of London
    • LivingWell Health Club with 12.5-metre pool, exercise area, steam room, sauna and sports shop
    • Contrasti Hair Salon offering hair and beauty treatments
    • Shops
  • Spacedust_2
    Options
    Hi All,
    New to the site and I was wondering on a couple of points:

1. Are Morgans St.Martins Lane and One Aldwych are part of the Top Secret Hotels program..? if so do you have the descriptions (I have done a google/MSF search but can't see anything).

2. I used to stay at the Trafalgar Hilton, but I haven't found it on the TSH list for a good few months now, any ideas if they have stopped doing it.?

3. Is there an uptodate consolidated list available please..?

Thanks in advance
    Claire
  • Richy23
    Richy23 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this description..

Excellent Hotel with Panoramic Views

A short boat ride away from the O2 with breathtaking views across the River Thames, this luxurious hotel is ideally located on the river for all of London's famous attractions. The historic Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Hays Galleria, London Dungeon and Borough Market all within easy walking distance. This luxurious hotel has elegance and warmth and is within easy access to the Underground, the West End and Covent Garden

This Hotel?..

http://www.guoman.com/en/hotels/united_kingdom/london/the_tower/index.html

Thanks!
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge #137 (£4.13)
    Sealed Pot Challenge #252 (Approx £24.53/£250)
    £2 Saver Club #139 (£10/£100) -
    £365 in 365 Days 2014 #92 (£7/£365)
    :D2014 Is A Year For Saving :D
  • cybergirl_2
    Options
    This is a great site, I'm so happy I just found it! I'd be ever so grateful to receive the complete list of revealed hotels mentioned in this thread. My email is [EMAIL="mias@swipnet.se"]mias@swipnet.se[/EMAIL]
    Thanx!
  • cybergirl_2
    Options
    digital1 wrote: »
    Ultra luxurious brand new city hotel next to tube - 5* - London

This luxurious and elegant hotel is the place to stay for meetings and trips to London! The hotel features meeting rooms, a restaurant and a bar where you can enjoy all your favourite drinks. Discover this city by day and night.

Revealed:
    Grange St. Pauls Hotel
    10 Godliman Street
    London
    UNITED KINGDOM
    EC4V 5AJ

Spacious guest bedrooms and suites thoughtfully feature the very latest technology and contemporary design. Luxurious bathrooms are designed to the highest standards, comprising a power shower with glass shower screen, bathtub, telephone and power hairdryer, together with luxury toiletries and monogrammed bathrobe and slippers. The Grange St. Paul’s also features the innovative ‘female-friendly’ room concept internationally acclaimed at the Grange City Hotel.
    Next to Blackfriars Tube & very close to St Paul's Cathedral. In-room amenities include multimedia hub and mp3 station, flat screen digital satellite TV, high speed internet access points, digital telephone with voicemail and LCD interface, and individual climate control with air conditioning. Added facilities include a Queen or King sized bed, a personal laptop safe, a trouser press and a generous work desk with dedicated lighting and e-facilities.

I got a room for a weekday in October for £99 - It's in a great location for where I need to be in London - I'm going to an award ceremony :). All other websites were around £200! I'm really pleased as this is the first time I've gone for top secret hotel.

(It is in soft opening & I'm not sure all the leisure facilities are available but I don't have time to make use of them this time so it won't worry me!)
    Hi melb,

Did you stay at the Grange St Pauls yet? Was breakfast included in the price? If not - do you know how much it is or if there are any good places near the hotel to have breakfast? I'll be travelling with my 10-year old nephew and he'll need good breakfast like cereal, toast or something.
    Grateful for any tips you may have, thanks!
    Mia
  • Devamaria
    Options
    Whether visiting London for business or leisure, this property provides a superb central London location close to all London's major attractions like Royal Albert Hall, City Centre, Westfield Shopping Centre or Kensington High Street. All rooms are designed, decorated and equipped to ensure you can relax, work and get a refreshing night's sleep. Also the majority of rooms has been renovated as well as the restaurant the bar.

Hi. Could someone who has booked this hotel 100% confirm its identity. I've read a couple of posts saying that it's the London Hilton Kensington but i was hoping that someone who's booked it could absolutely confirm it for me. Am hoping to stay there for my Birthday this year as i stayed there last year and had a great time. Have saved up all year - as i don't have a lot of money - and i would be absolutely gutted if i booked the wrong one!!!!

Many thanks.
  • STSAVER
    STSAVER Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help out with this one - have searched this thread and not located it yet.

Hotel information

Spectacular hotel with stunning views of London. This contemporary hotel has a superb choice of dining experiences and leisure facilities. The hotel is located close to Waterloo and Westminster and numerous London attractions
    Local attractions
    • Buckingham Palace
    • Covent Garden
    • St Paul's Cathedral
    • Tate Modern
    I'm thinking it might be the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge?
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 June 2010 at 9:35AM
    Options
    I cant find this on this thread, but maybe I havn't looked properly. Any ideas?

This Contemporary hotel is located in the vibrant atmosphere of London's Theatreland. Explore Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street & Trafalgar Square. See what London has to offer. Afterwards relax and unwind in our stylish informal lounge bar or enjoy a delicious meal in our Restaurant with covered terrace. Come and discover the true heart of London.
    The hotel will be having an exciting bedroom refurbishment until 8th December 2008. From Monday to Friday there may be minimal noise disturbance, between 9am and 5pm. Public areas are not affected.

Local Attractions
    • St James' Park
    • Trafalgar Square
    • West End theatres
    • National Gallery
    • Covent Garden
    • Regent Street
    • Oxford Street
    • Leicester Square

• Nearest train station: Charing Cross
    • Nearest metro: Leicester Square
    Thanks in anticipation

Oh flip- just checked the details through & the offer is for a double room. I wanted a twin room as staying with my adult daughter. Any ideas how to change this? Could I book the secret hotel & then when I find out which hotel, ring & ask them to change us to a twin room. Think they'd do this?
    :smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure