IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MSE News: Parking campaigner fails to challenge 'excessive' charge at Supreme Court

18910111214»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    stpjg01 wrote: »
    My daughter currently has a dispute with PE and we are awaiting a reply from POPLA. She overstayed the two hours in the car park because when she returned to her car there was a dog in distress in the next car.

She is only 17 and so rang me, her mum, to ask what to do. I told her to wait by the car in case the owner arrived and got in my own car and went there. We waited and then rang the police to report. The police asked us to wait by the car for them. The owner arrived, got rather aggressive until I agreed to recind the report, so I rang the police to stand them down. However the PCs given the job rang me from their mobile and asked us to stay until they arrived.

Unfortunately they were sent to an emergency and never came and my daughter went over the time limit by an hour. PE refused our claim, even with copies of the mobile calls, and the police incident number. If POPLA also reject us, does anyone think it is worth taking further, or involving the press?

OMG please don't say that was your POPLA appeal? What on earth possessed you not to Google points that win at POPLA, it's not the above. You will lose, then PE will sue you. I think you do need to start your own thread - click 'GO' next to 'FORUM JUMP' on the right, to get to page one and then click the 'NEW THREAD button.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stpjg01 wrote: »
    My daughter currently has a dispute with PE and we are awaiting a reply from POPLA. She overstayed the two hours in the car park because when she returned to her car there was a dog in distress in the next car. She is only 17 and so rang me, her mum, to ask what to do. I told her to wait by the car in case the owner arrived and got in my own car and went there. We waited and then rang the police to report. The police asked us to wait by the car for them. The owner arrived, got rather aggressive until I agreed to recind the report, so I rang the police to stand them down. However the PCs given the job rang me from their mobile and asked us to stay until they arrived. Unfortunately they were sent to an emergency and never came and my daughter went over the time limit by an hour. PE refused our claim, even with copies of the mobile calls, and the police incident number. If POPLA also reject us, does anyone think it is worth taking further, or involving the press?

Didn't think 17 year olds could be held to a contract....?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    They can't but I do hope they included that in the appeal. If they didn't then POPLA won't consider it.
    Je Suis Cecil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport