Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in Hampshire with Southern & Southeast Water - I pay £50 per month for just me !!!!
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    = £600 per year...
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,659 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Water charges in south west are extortionate. We pay £55 per month in Cornwall for 2 of us on a meter.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Crikey! I'll have to live like Bob geldoff from now on then
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Your right Smodlet, not sure where that came from now, I reckon I may have hit the 1 instead of the 7 making it £750 which seems more inline with others in that part of the world - even up here in cheapo land my own water bills are around £200 a year and that's with careful usage!

So that £7.5k budget looks more like £8k and 6 years funding assuming a pot of £50k.
  • harz99
    Options
    AC, as matters are quiet at the moment, have you sorted out exactly how much notice you need to give work?

If you don't have a copy of your contract, maybe ask your HR people?

Also, removal companies - did you find out if any are able to store your furniture short term before completing the move should there be a week or two's gap between selling and renting/buying in Poole?
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 October 2016 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Harz, no. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My boss is personnel. I won't ask that question . Least of my worries.
    Looking into removals maybe tomorrow .

My solicitor , wants me to call him regarding issues with the property mgt.co.
    I said I'd call him around midday.
    Trying to be brief,there is a list of charges from them .
    Most are not highlighted. The ones that are highlighted are:
    Fees for notices £105.00 + vat X 2 .=£210.00 + vat.
    Ground rent + insurance information£174.00
    Breach of covenant report £90.00
    ( the rest not highlighted) what is breach of covenant report?

Buyers solicitor says'please can you ask them ,whether the costs for dealing with the notice of transfer and charge will total£210.00, so we can advise our client of that and make a note on our file.

We note that there is no reference on the list of charges , to service charge information. Is this dealt with by a separate management co.?

So, fun and games tomorrow .
    Also, 2 blocks have been done( guttering/ fascia) . Wondering still, if this will be all( including mine obviously), and I get a bill for it. I'm hoping not too much .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    AC, as matters are quiet at the moment, have you sorted out exactly how much notice you need to give work?

If you don't have a copy of your contract, maybe ask your HR people?

Also, removal companies - did you find out if any are able to store your furniture short term before completing the move should there be a week or two's gap between selling and renting/buying in Poole?

Although my spare room is a tip, I managed to find a copy of the staff handbook straight away:)
    Staff leaving the company will receive payment for annual holiday entitlement accrued, but not taken at the date of termination.
    Company reserves the right to recover from salary the cost of annual holidays taken in excess of the accrued entitlement at the time staff leave the company.
    Annual holiday entitlement accrues at the rates .38,.42 and .48 as appropriate for each completed week of continuous service in the current holiday year blah blah blah ...
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just had a look at breach of covenant . Not looking forward to talking about that today. It could be relating to the dispute with my neighbour .
    It could be something I haven't disclosed.
    I'll find out later
  • harz99
    Options
    Just had a look at breach of covenant . Not looking forward to talking about that today. It could be relating to the dispute with my neighbour .
    It could be something I haven't disclosed.
    I'll find out later

Could be something as simple as putting up a Sky dish without permission, or even just a report saying nothing wrong, and simply just another excuse for the PMC to make more money.

Don't worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport