Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    tlc678910 wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted to sound the alarm that the woman in the street might struggle to raise her finance if she wants to get a buy to let and let to her mum (they don't like you to let to family) or a residential mortgage if she is not going to live there. She may not be up to date with extra 3% stamp duty paid on a second property either.

If you are considering the offer at all I think you need full proof of funds in case they can't fulfill it and confirmation they understand extra stamp duty too.

All in all I hope your first time buyers will be a more secure sale.

Tlc
    Thanks tic:)
    The answer is no . Did I mention today is a strange day ?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Can't believe that conversation I had with the people who turned up this evening. I told them too much information TBH, and I was caught off guard.Annoyed !
    They should've increased their offer to the max before knocking on my door. Then , when I think about the woman showing me her baby bump.
    I dunno..
    I guess it was the adrenaline over the last 24 hours.

I suppose I now have their phone no. They won't be getting another look at my place now.

I am worried though if the first time buyers want to move in too quick.
    Hope they are patient .

I guess if I never opened the door now, I would've had to deal with them later. I don't have to now.
    I will mention this to chase Buchanan next time we speak .
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They must have been aware you were selling the house if they live so close. If the woman wants her mother close by surely she would have been checking the listings over the last few months.

They should have made an offer earlier.
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks karonher . They said , they didn't see it until last week.
    I think it was seen in the window of the estate agents .
    It was only put in there lasrt week.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Karonher wrote: »
    They must have been aware you were selling the house if they live so close. If the woman wants her mother close by surely she would have been checking the listings over the last few months.

They should have made an offer earlier.

Actually , I almost misread this.
    Surely, they saw it online ??
    Maybe they were biding their time for a low offer?
  • Karonher
    Karonher Posts: 919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It could be they were hoping you would drop again. It may have helped them if they had contacted you then and asked what was the best you could do.

Its not really relevant now as the house has been sold. :)
    Aiming to make £7,500 online in 2022
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Okay .. Silly question.
    Chains: are you talking all across the country ?
    What about a few branches, locally? For example , 1 in Poole , 1 in branksome,1 in Bournemouth ?

I'm talking big chains, national chains, not half-a-dozen branches within a 10-15 mile radius. Beware of any member of Sequence; they all have the same row of coloured dots in their logo and their contracts are the pits, apparently.

Why are you having anything to do with these iffy-sounding characters? If they wanted to increase their offer, they should go through the EA, not knock on your door and invade your privacy. They ring alarm bells, imho. We all already said what the FTBs will do if you mess them about so I am glad you are not thinking of doing so, AC.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SOLD TO THE FIRST TIME BUYERS £375,000
    ( 2& a half grand less than the others).
    So. Here we gooooo.
    Hopefully all will be well .

Great news! Onwards n upwards now :beer::j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks again

I'm already listed with a few estate agents in the poole area .
    Don't think they're big chains etc.
    I will start calling them Monday ( maybe tomorrow on the train ).
    I will also email them a sap .

Now , I guess the real worrying starts . Which solicitor / how do I pay a deposit on a place when broke / when to instruct solicitor / finding a place etc.

I was gonna use the solicitor I used in the past .( based near the British museum). He gave me a quote, back in May . I was thinking of using the same one as the first time buyers. Chase Buchanan recommended me one, and will email me their details etc.

Was gonna wait till the survey was done, before committing to anything.
    ( facial board/ eaves ) as previously mentioned here.

Getting very nervous .
    If they pull out, then I'll probably take off market till next year, and wait till prices go up and try again.
    It's almost 5am
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    AC, some large and small chain agencies in the area.

Austin & Wyatt and Palmer Snell are both part of Countrywide, a National chain, and hide behind local names.

Fox & Sons are part of a National chain whose name I can't remember, but their member agencies all have the coloured circles in the banner name, so are easily identified.

Connells are a National chain who are at least honest enough to use the same name everywhere.

Goadsby are a smallish independent regional chain in the south west.

Too many small independents to list but they are mostly 1-6 office companies so are easy to pick up on.

HTH.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport