Compare Breakdown Cover Car Breakdown Discussion

Options

Comments

• CBC_Compare_Breakdown_Cover
    CBC_Compare_Breakdown_Cover Posts: 15 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    magpie wrote: »
    ABSOLUTELY APPALLING! None of the phone numbers quoted picked up. I was stranded on the motorway for almost two hours. Eventually I had to call for motorway assistance to tow me off. It may be cheap, however when you need assistance it's not provided. Avoid at all costs

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.

We’re really sorry that you feel our breakdown cover has let you down. We never want any of our customers be in this situation.

We'd also love to take a closer look at what you've experienced, so If you could email our customer services department via (customer.service@comparebreakdowncover.co.uk) including your policy number and as much detail about your experience as possible, we'll look into this further for you as soon as we can.

Many thanks,
    Compare Breakdown Cover Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of CBC Compare Breakdown Cover. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    This http://www.comparebreakdowncover.co.uk/moneysavingexpert.aspx?utm_campaign=comparebreakdowncover&utm_source=paidonresults&utm_medium=affiliate&0-76=

is complete pants. "No cover available". What use is that? We have had breakdown cover for decades and the RAC want to renew it for another year (of course, they do) so it is not as if the car is impossible to find cover for. You asked for feedback, MSE, here it is.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback.

So to hear that you couldn't find any suitable cover for your vehicle.

I can appreciate that this was some time ago, but we'd love to take a closer look at this, so If you could email our customer services department via (customer.service@comparebreakdowncover.co.uk) with more information, we'll look into this further for you as soon as we can.

Many thanks,
    Compare Breakdown Cover Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of CBC Compare Breakdown Cover. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    Options
    riktopus wrote: »
    Site is well organised BUT it favors the breakdown insurers because it DOES NOT OFFER PERSONAL COVER, no matter whose service you choose. Only the car you select is covered.
    Not good for consumers, also watch out for countries not listed on EU cover. All uk insurers now include Serbia which is not in the EU but is surrounded by EU countries & is the best route between them, so SHOULD NOT BREAKDOWN COVER FOLLOW SUIT ??

Better late than never Riktopus, we now offer Personal Breakdown cover! If you're still looking for breakdown insurance after all these years, we're happy to confirm that if you need personal cover, we can oblige!

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback.

The Compare Breakdown Cover Team
    Verified Company
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2018 at 1:30PM
    Options
    You use your privileged position here to respond to a 3 years old comment in this feedback thread to advertise your new offering!

Not touting much!!
  • Charlie_Hedges
    Options
    I seriously regret buying this breakdown cover. 85 miles from home my car lost power and warning lights came on, including a red triangle sign so I called the Mazda franchise dealer who told me not to drive the car any further and get it recovered. When I called the number provided by CBC they told me that the car had not broken down and it was not immobile and refused to attend, leaving me stranded at the side of a very busy dual carriageway for several hours until I was able to buy cover on the spot to get me home.
    Options
    I seriously regret buying this breakdown cover. 85 miles from home my car lost power and warning lights came on, including a red triangle sign so I called the Mazda franchise dealer who told me not to drive the car any further and get it recovered. When I called the number provided by CBC they told me that the car had not broken down and it was not immobile and refused to attend, leaving me stranded at the side of a very busy dual carriageway for several hours until I was able to buy cover on the spot to get me home.

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. I understand that our customer service team have been in touch and have forwarded your complaint to the assistance provider in question. Hopefully this gets resolved for you soon.

Kind regards,
    CBC Team
    Verified Company
  • Charlie_Hedges
    Options
    A very supportive response from CBC and their customer support team, thank you.
  • Old_Lurker
    Old_Lurker Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I took out a policy which I subsequently cancelled as my circumstances, and car, changed. I'd used less than a month of the policy, emailed them to cancel online and received a quick reply to say it was all done. Only after asking explicitly was I told there was no refund at all; this was not going to be volunteered by CBC at all. Customer service was curt at best.

As they appear to be a broker I wonder if they are actually receiving refunds from the service provider and banking this themselves and not passing onto the paying customer...
  • rosyfred
    Options
    AVOID CBC! Have had policy for 10 months and never used it. Got a warning light (emission control) and my car slowed to about 10 miles per hour. CBC refused to come out as "my car was not immobile" and therefore not covered. They said I could upgrade at a cost of £100 and then they would come out. I appreciate warning lights can come on and go off all the time, but as the car was dangerously slow, I think they should have attended. I called a local garage and it was a broken coil, which cost less than the £100 upgrade I was quoted. DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!
    edited 25 April 2019 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Old_Lurker wrote: »
    I took out a policy which I subsequently cancelled as my circumstances, and car, changed. I'd used less than a month of the policy, emailed them to cancel online and received a quick reply to say it was all done. Only after asking explicitly was I told there was no refund at all; this was not going to be volunteered by CBC at all. Customer service was curt at best.

As they appear to be a broker I wonder if they are actually receiving refunds from the service provider and banking this themselves and not passing onto the paying customer...

Thanks for providing some feedback regarding the cancellation of your policy. All of our breakdown cover is non-refundable after 14 days, or as soon as a claim is made. Information to this effect can be found on our website in our extensive FAQ’s section. This is because the insurers we work with do not provide us with a refund either.

If you'd like to get in touch with me directly you can do so at: jeremy@eversure.com

Many thanks,

The CBC Team
    Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback