Hugh's War on Waste

1555657585961»

Comments

• thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just bought some "Perfectly Imperfect" parsnips in Tesco -seriously wonky shapes but only 30p for 500g. The loose ones were 59p/ lb. Out of interest I looked but it only seemed to be parsnips.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,541
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I just bought some "Perfectly Imperfect" parsnips in Tesco -seriously wonky shapes but only 30p for 500g. The loose ones were 59p/ lb. Out of interest I looked but it only seemed to be parsnips.
    That's great - and I'm sure it's how HFW expected it to work, unlike this:
    I have seen the wonky veg in Morrison's but I don't think it is being sold on a level playing field with the other goods. I looked at getting the carrots but they were only being sold in 2.5 kg bags not so good when there are only 2 of you. The onions were priced at just a little bit more than the ones that were on this weeks special offer. Call me cynical but I get the feeling that Morrison's are just paying lip service to this so they can say they have reacted to Hugh's war on waste
    Although I tend to only buy the odd parsnip, I'd have bought a 500gm bag if it was half the price per lb of the loose ones.
  • Just put black bin bag out for waste collection. They was about a third of the kitchen bin to throw out. And the bin is a small pedal one.

The chicken piece that were spiced up and eaten last Saturday night, have been taken by the local cats and birds.

Who is this Hugh, is he some kind of mouth gawping guru?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure