🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Alternatives to staying in the middle of San Fran

Options
124»

Comments

• John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 25 October 2015 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Which train station? BART goes to San Francisco but Amtrak doesn't. The stations are about two miles apart: https://goo.gl/maps/UfcLv4vQaD52
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • dazanteney4
    Options
    It's a little further than I thought being honest. It's 1.1 miles from downtown berekly station. I think that's walkable?
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It's a little further than I thought being honest. It's 1.1 miles from downtown berekly station. I think that's walkable?
    Only you can decide that, but you could drop into StreetView mode and see what the walk is like.
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options

Is there a reason as to why you are rejecting the staying in San Francisco proper?
    Do you have a car or not? It is unclear.
  • honeyiced
    Options
    Another vote for http://www.sfmayflowerhotel.com, we stayed there this year and while the breakfast was pretty basic the room far exceeded our expectations.

Not sure who you're booking your car rental through but there is an Alamo garage a couple of blocks down the road (I'm sure there are probably others around too as it's so close to the centre), so we dropped our car off when we arrived in SF and then picked up a different one on the morning we left. Was really easy to do (the garage was 5-10min walk) and it saved us a couple of days car rental as a bonus!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport