Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,362 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2019 at 4:53PM
    Options
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team}
    Have you got evidence that they've committed any crimes? If so have you communicated this to the FCA, the administrators, or Action Fraud?
  • Enduro_boy
    Options
    Care to elaborate ?
  • masonic
    Options
    A lot of information has been shared in this thread, but I've not seen anything that goes beyond 'dubious' and 'suspicious'. Having a sudden explosion of wealth is not necessarily indicative of criminal actions, and there are perfectly legal ways to extract large quantities of readies from a business.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Having a sudden explosion of wealth is not necessarily indicative of criminal actions, and there are perfectly legal ways to extract large quantities of readies from a business.
    Indeed!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18295587 ;)
  • verybigchris
    Options
    On the basis of info currently in the public domain, I think the chances of a serious conviction for anyone involved in LC&F are pretty much zero. Maybe more will be uncovered in the coming weeks/months/years, but I think some on here are far too optimistic.

There are two areas where I think there is evidence fraud has been committed, but I can't see anyone getting more than a slap on the wrist for them. And I won't be sharing them here because we have all learnt over the past couple of years that LCF representatives are monitoring this thread - hi guys, now you've got a bit more time on your hands you should feel free to log in and say hello :)
  • masonic
    edited 22 February 2019 at 4:54PM
    Options
    I hope you do have something unknown to the rest of us that can be used to bring down the people behind this. You'll certainly be way ahead of the administrators or the FCA, which is perhaps not difficult. But you will need something more than has been disclosed here.
  • Botheredin
    Botheredin Posts: 92 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2019 at 4:54PM
    Options

Is it likely wrap up everyone involved?And, more to the point when?
  • bail-in
    bail-in Posts: 169 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 February 2019 at 7:39AM
    Options
    "Chinese police launch dragnet for peer-to-peer lenders"

Like Russia did years ago, looks like China is having problems with P2P and Ponzi scams and markedly increasing regulation. LCF pails compared to the losses to Chinese investors in these collective investment schemes.

https://www.ft.com/content/761f523a-337e-11e9-bd3a-8b2a211d90d5

Or search in Google on heading above if FT non-subscriber.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It appears that we're unable to even mention the names of those involved in LCF

So if anyone wants to know who is behind LCF & the companies they lend to you can look elsewhere

https://damn-lies-and-statistics.blogspot.com/2019/01/people-behind-london-capital-finance.html
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    It appears that we're unable to even mention the names of those involved in LCF

So if anyone wants to know who is behind LCF & the companies they lend to you can look elsewhere

https://damn-lies-and-statistics.blogspot.com/2019/01/people-behind-london-capital-finance.html
    Bizarre - there may have been a small number of posts (not yours) that might have been considered to have gone a bit far but objecting to reproduction of, and/or linking to, info already in the public domain seems an over the top reaction. Perhaps those concerned are firing in stroppy and threatening legal letters to Companies House as we speak!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback