3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Everyone....Happy Easter!! I hope you all have eaten LOADS of chocolate today ;) I had some Aero Bubbles....but I've been trying to behave of late and not doing a great job of it but at least I'm trying....Some might say very trying!! :D:D:D

Nothing to Report moneywise from me....But I'll get there...

Here's to the Updates... xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME...Keep going....Thank you for your words....I hope you're well hun xXx :)

moneyonmymindsam - Thank you.....that made me smile....and don't worry you'll get there!! xXx :)

166million - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING....Just keep on going and moving forwards and you'll get there...thank you, it's good to be back and lovely to see everyone achieve their saving dreams... xXx :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Hi Helen, hope you are ok and had a good Easter break :)

I have added more to the pot, taking me to £6050 in total please.

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • MelBell2015
    MelBell2015 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

Can I join the challenge please? I'll start with 3 months of expenses which is £2100.

Thank you :-)
    MelBell
    Debt free and never going back!
    Save for Xmas 2020 - £1 a day #33 £0/£366
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Welcome MelBell - Helen needs to allocate you a number and I am sure she will be along soon to add your target to the first page.

In the meantime, just add to your pot when you can and keep us posted on here!

:wave:

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • MelBell2015
    Options
    Welcome MelBell - Helen needs to allocate you a number and I am sure she will be along soon to add your target to the first page.

In the meantime, just add to your pot when you can and keep us posted on here!

:wave:

LMD x

Thank you LMD :)
    I think I'm going to set up a regular saver account as seems to have the best interest rate! Annoyingly I need to go into the branch to sort but my plan is £50 per month to get me started!
    Debt free and never going back!
    Save for Xmas 2020 - £1 a day #33 £0/£366
  • xironsongx
    xironsongx Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    Not saving for wedding anymore.
    I brought a laptop with the savings under the OK of the hubs to be.

It just isn't the right time yet as we have so much going on that it's easier to start saving when we both are able to. He's learning how to drive and soon will be taking his test so he'll be wanting to buy a car and insurance etc after he does pass.

I'm using the left over money to create a starter emergency fund first - see how long it takes. £414.69 in for now.
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Go on another £2
    Slow but still going
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • xironsongx
    xironsongx Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    i'm pulling out of this. Weddings more important.
    :heart: Engaged 01-09-17 :heart: Wedding £519.78 (BA) £80.22 (Sp) / £5,600 £5,000 left to save:heart:
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hi

Are we all ok, u doing better this week helen

Please add £50 - had a few good survey payouts and cashed in some £2 coins (safer to bank so i don't dip in).

Still waiting for my £50 from Yougov to drop into my bank. I know it takes ages (only the 2nd time ive ever achieved it) but its a lovely amount - when it arrives!!!

Keep going everyone
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

I'm not sure if I said but I've been doing a Course for the past 6 months....I'm a Psychotherapist but haven't been getting as many Private Clients as I would like and so I've been adding to my Training and this Training Course could continue for another 18 months to 2 years....but hopefully at the end of it I might be able to get a part-time Employed Job rather than relying on Private Clients...

So yesterday was the end of the first Course....And it was time for the exam....and that has been stressing me out for a good few weeks....Lots of exam anxiety....plus I've had to finish a fair amount of written work for the Course too...So this means I had to abandon most of my paid Work in order to do that...and unfortunately that means I needed my Emergency Fund to cover me....

I'm disappointed but at least I had the money there and I didn't have to borrow any money or take a loan out or anything like that...so I'm grateful for that....

So, starting again...hopefully I can begin my Emergency Fund again this coming Week when I get paid....Even if it's just a Fiver...Also going back onto my Diet this morning...So feeling positive so far this morning :)

Thank you everyone for your continued support and for keeping this Thread going when I haven't been able to come on....It's a real pleasure to see how friendly and helpful this Thread is... :)

And here's to the Updates... xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing so INCREDIBLY well....I'm so pleased for you. I'm doing okay this morning...it's been a stressful few weeks and few months if I'm honest but hopefully things will turn around over the next few Weeks....Hope you are well too xXx :)

MelBell2015 - WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, it's an absolute pleasure to have you here....I've added you to the Members List on the First Page....do let us know how you get on.... xXx :)

xironsongx - I'm so sorry to hear that you're leaving us, do feel free to come back and rejoin when you feel able to...you'll always be welcome here... xXx :)

166million - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME....Keep it going hun xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page....You are doing BRILLIANTLY....I know you've fought your way here and look how well you're doing....You can do this!! I'm doing okay...better now that my exam is over and done with....I really hope you're doing well too xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure