3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope you're all well and have got through the terrible weather of this past few weeks unscathed.

Let's hope Spring has sprung at last. Well, it will have on Sunday after we put the clocks forward. The longer days always tend to lift the spirits. Let's hope we'll all find some extra motivation to get some money saved:beer:
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ok i think i have definitely lost count! I've added £3 today so am going to go with 633 total
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Things are looking up for the past week or so....I've started to eat more healthily which I think is helping my self-esteem and the way that I feel...So I'm feeling more positive at the moment...Let's hope it lasts... Which I'm feeling positive that it might....

Thank you for all of your concern...I'm doing MUCH better...

I'm going to try to start putting something in my Emergency Fund over the next few Weeks...I need to start building it up again....although I haven't taken any out which is a good thing...

So here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

xironsongx - Welcome Welcome Welcome!! It's lovely to have you here....I've added you to the Members List on the first page....You're doing GREAT already...do come back and let us know how you're getting on...We're a very friendly group xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME!! Keep going....And thank you for welcoming people and helping when I can't be here...I'm doing okay, let's hope that the past Week is a sign of good things to come for me.. xXx :)

x_raphael_xx - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Don't feel guilty...we all do the best that we can do in any given situation....and that's all you can do...and you're doing great... xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING!! I know you will get there....You're brilliant and an inspiration...I know that things can get tough but even if you can only put a pound a month in it's something and right now you're doing great so take heart and keep going hun xXx :)

patman99 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing GREAT...Keep on going...I hope you are well xXx :)

Bedsit Bob - It's great to see you...how are you doing? xXx :)

moneyonmymindsam - Welcome Welcome Welcome!! It really is lovely to have you here...I've added you to the Members List and we'd love to know how you're getting on....You've started and that's the main thing xXx :)

swimminginaseaofdebt - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AMAZING...Keep on going...and Welcome Back xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing INCREDIBLE....Keep on going and moving forward....How was your Holiday? xXx :)

166million - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing GREAT....You CAN do this xXx :)

carbootcrazy - Let's hope Spring is finally here...how are you doing? xXx :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Morning Helen!

Holiday was fab thanks but is now a distant memory! It!!!8217;s pay day today so added more to the pot which is now £5750, making up for some of that holiday dip.

There!!!8217;ll be some more to be borrowed back over the next few months but I like to keep it away from the current account :)

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2551.68 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £970/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £2422.48
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update on my savings at present: £10750. So covers my 6 months if I need it. Put possibly buying a house on hold for a few months.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 27 March 2018 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Thanks Helen for your lovely welcome message :j

:wave:

Woo hoo I have a number so best knuckle down and commit to this emergency fund malarkey:o;)

MMSam Or just call me 98 :rotfl: from now on

:beer:
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Yesterday a rubbish day but I have to stay positive....Need to put some more money in my Emergency Fund....which I'm going to try and do over the next few Weeks....

Here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

LittleMissDetermined - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME...Keep on going....I'm glad that your Holiday was so good.... xXx :)

datlex - CONGRATULATIONS on achieving your Goal...I had your Target as much less but you said you've got enough now for your Emergency Fund....let me know if you want to start another one....But that's GREAT that you've achieved this one...You're GREAT and an inspiration... xXx :)

moneyonmymindsam - You really are most Welcome....We would all love to hear how you're getting on...so get to it ;) ... xXx :)
  • skye_blue
    skye_blue Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

U ok helen, keep going you keep us all going so take heart from that we really appreciate what you do

Please add £270 for this week, its mostly from my wage (before i spend it) but a bit from surveys and cash back

Have a great easter eveyone
  • moneyonmymindsam
    moneyonmymindsam Posts: 2,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 12:09AM
    Options
    Helen

:iloveyou:

:kisses:

From all of us because probably no one else would put up with us :D

Sam.... err #98 still on a quid Sam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • 166million
    166million Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Helen, glad to see you back, adding £2 from an old savings account £635
    **Debt Free as of 15:55 on Friday 23rd March 2012**And I am staying that way
    377 166million Sealed Pot Challenge 2018 :staradmin No. 90: Emergency fund £637
    My debt free diary http://http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3630099
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure