New York Hotels Thread

Options

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like shared WCs at the Chelsea Lodge, which may be why it is cheaper.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to leave details of a very very cheap (and reputable rated #11 of best hotels in NY) hotel in NY, i have booked for Nov/Dec 07, as i know how ridiculous and daunting NY hotel prices seem, so this might soften the blow a bit!

http://www.chelsealodge.com

Chelsea Lodge - Rack Rates from website
    Single Occupancy, $119.00
    Double Occupancy, $129.00

All rooms include shower / sink - you share the toilet!!
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    you share the toilet!!

...and the odd little bit of something else from somebody else.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We're stopping off at NYC for a couple of days en-route to Boston (driving) and wondered if anyone knows a reasonable hotel (probably across the river in NJ) with easy access to Manhattan. Preferably free (or cheap!) parking. As there will be three of us, maybe a suite/apartment might be the answer.
  • Dijoy
    Dijoy Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    We use the Comfort Inn at Long Island City. it is just down the road to a lartge Metro Station
    Diane
  • united_road_68
    Options
    Desperately need accomodation in New York from 27/9 - 2/10. I have read through all the posts on the subject and checked the availability of suggested hotels but have come up short.

Looking for somewhere reasonably central at the best price available. Any hidden nuggets of information out their forumists??

Desperation time

Thanks
  • middy60
    Options
    hi we stayed at the novotel just off times sq it was great but for your dates ut looking at £1200
  • Nordictat2
    Options
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • sallysaver
    Options
    Hi,
    If 'Markymoo' is back from New York he could be along to help you shortly, as he is the expert and you should read his 'getting about in New York article' its really brill, but I have taken his advice and booked (for December) the Hotel Cosmopolitan. He always stays there and I have to say the reviews on TA are really good. It has loft's, 1 bed (2 persons) & 2 beds (4 person) rooms. I have just costed your request and its approx $1063 for the 1 bed room. Apparently it takes 5 mins (metro) to get into the centre but there is lots to see around there which is walkable - Ground zero, museums, Staten Island ferry etc., and of course just being 'off centre' lots of good eating places, much more reasonable than say Times Square. $24 buys you an unlimited, 7 day Metro/bus ticket which will take you all over New York for 7 days. For the Cosmo log onto www.hotelconxtions.com and see what comes up. You can ring them for 0.5p per minute (see Martins international call checker). Although you have left it late in the day, you will find somewhere, but the cost could be high. Hope you get fixed up. Regards - sally
  • sallysaver
    Options
    Addon. Expedia also go to this hotel. If you use them, don't forget quidco - I think its 6%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure