PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 12th October 2015

Options

Comments

• Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Thanks for the list natty! Hope everyone is having a good Monday
    I'm on my lunch at the paid stuff. Thought I would post my list now so I can get straight on with it when I get home. That's dedication for you!

[STRIKE] dw[/STRIKE]
    - wm
    [STRIKE]- Make beds
    - Worktops[/STRIKE]
    - Swish and swipe
    - Kitchen floor
    - Hhi
    - Empty a bin
    - Birthday present dd1
    - Plant those new plants
    - Birthday present dad
    - Clean bathroom floor
    - Drop bags off at charity shop
    - Throw out empty bottles etc
    - Clean toilet, sink, shower, bath
    - Clear clutter from desk
    - Dust and wipe desk
    - Wipe keyboards etc
    - Wash brushes and filters on hoover
    - Clean bathroom radiator
    - Sort out passports
    - Wipe bathroom skirtings, door and window frames
    - Cancel direct debit
    - Tax car
    - Flowers and wine for friend
    - Wipe dirty marks from bathroom wall
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Most of today's official list is done, as we had a blitz on the place after the Noyz Boyz were collected Saturday morning; so I'll chomp a few Frogs, do a couple of bits that Mr LW didn't do to my satisfaction but I didn't want to criticise as he did such a lot, bless him, then I need to start on making the few Yule cards we'll need this year.

We checked the "sending" list yesterday, and it's down to 24 this year (it diminishes every year); we have 14 left over from last year, as Mr LW bought too many in the RSPCA shop, so if I can make 10 myself, we're covered.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Ionafan, great suggestion. I am going to split my to do list into two parts - "long term/not urgent" and "must do this week".

Mummyroy Hugs. Its so strange when they are not there!

Pigpen it amazes me how many parents take their kids into hospital then make no attempt to control them. I know its difficult if you are waiting and they are bored but some of the behaviour I see is terrible.

So, home from work. Going into town to do some errands, will persuade DS to go with me even though he isnt feeling great. Dog walking and a bit of flying should see me through to my gym class at 6.30pm.
  • charlylovesphil
    charlylovesphil Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2015 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms (even if it is around the clutter)
    [STRIKE]Throw away all those empty bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hairspray etc. [/STRIKE]
    Clean loo
    Clear clutter from floor
    [STRIKE]Wipe down tiles in bathroom[/STRIKE]..
    [STRIKE]Change hand towels and flannels[/STRIKE]
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc
    Grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    [STRIKE]Clean the radiators in these rooms[/STRIKE]
    Clean windows
    Wipe sticky and dirty marks off the walls and doors

Things I must do

New photo for driving license

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom, girls room & Loopy Landing
    Level One...
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level Two...
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs..
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen.. do you need that winter duvet yet?
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    Clear a hotspot., or spend 15 minutes clearing one.
    Extra tasks list:
    27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    Clean windows in these rooms
    Check house for places where draughts are getting in.. doors, windows etc and see if there are ways to stop it!
    Clean out that airing cupboard!!!!!! get rid of those things you don't need.. use dead towels as cleaning cloths etc.. be ruthless!!!! you REALLY don't need that 'thing' you've saved for 10 years.. 'just in case'
  • AimingForBetter
    Options
    Happy Monday afternoon everyone.

Thank you Bossy for the list last week and Natty for the new.

I'm in again, will still be a bit random though.

Have tidied, hoovered and dusted all through, not too bad today as still pretty OK from last week.

Been to the shop for eggs as need to do some baking this afternoon for the boys as they have a friend after school who is staying to tea.

Trying to sort some listings for the g'tree & debating whether to do some ebbyng.

Boys rooms are both done, new beds sorted and they are sleeping much better now. Do still need to sort out their toys and see what they would like to go.

Ran out of steam at the end of last week so autumn cleaning of our room and living room still needs to be finished.

Am still up to date with washing and ironing though :)

Bathroom needs a quick clean so will get on with that next, then school time.

Hugs, sticks, spoons and helping vibes to all who need.

AFB
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    Waving from the sofa. Feeling better than yesterday, which was rough, especially the evening.

Pigpen - when DS was little he had a bike helmet before he had a bike. Just to protect his head as he was inclined to fall over and bash his noggin. He hasn't turned out too badly...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Back home, so cuppa while I catch up then I'll make a start.

Glad you are feeling a bit brighter today CY

My part of the country has always been out of sync with the rest when it comes to school hols. We are visiting my mum over our half term but won't see my nephews and nieces as they are still at school till the following week. Dd2 will be over with the step children but their dad works in a different 'time zone' so he doesn't get his hols till the week after his own go back to school.

Right got to nip shops as bread and milk has disappeared (or been eaten by hollow legged teens!)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • jjef
    jjef Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Options
    I am in this week as its half term here, I am working from my own list today, but will follow flylady lists from tomorrow.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Paid stuff done.

Did one more hour than usual and the day seemed very long.

Been to collect the exhaust, going to ring the garage then my Mum and then make a start on dinner. Floor needs hoovering and mopping too. Wm is on and half the shopping put away.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Lots going on in flyland! Can't keep up with you all.

I'm just back from paid stuff - voice nearly gone now - on a day I really didn't need to talk, I've spent most of the day on the phone :(

Just going to sort dinner first and deal with kiddie bedtime. Hoping I'll get in the bathroom later but there is no way I'll get through the whole list, so I won't even pretend to! I shall focus on the hygiene aspects first!!!

Glad you're doing ok CY always nice to see you posting xx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills