MSE News: Virgin Media broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from November

Over 500,000 broadband only Virgin Media customers will be hit with price hikes of up to 6% from 1 November...
Read the full story:

Virgin Media broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from November

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• veryintriguedveryintrigued Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought this annual price rise was on the way when I received a 'we're giving you a broadband complimentary upgrade' type of email a week or so.

Same old, same old!!
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With August inflation down to 0% and VirginFailure putting up prices by 6% isn't it about time we saw some government regulation here?
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion wrote: »
    With August inflation down to 0% and VirginFailure putting up prices by 6% isn't it about time we saw some government regulation here?

At least it gives you a chance to leave without penalty and to another supplier getting new customer deals & cashback.

Until that supplier puts up prices allowing you to break your 18 month contract without penalty allowing you to switch to another supplier with getting new customer deals & cashback.

Which Telecoms company to announce the next price-rise, my money is on Sky
  • OblivionOblivion Forumite
    20.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    At least it gives you a chance to leave without penalty and to another supplier getting new customer deals & cashback.

Until that supplier puts up prices allowing you to break your 18 month contract without penalty allowing you to switch to another supplier with getting new customer deals & cashback.

Which Telecoms company to announce the next price-rise, my money is on Sky

At my time of life I can really do without all this constant switching malarkey. It's about time regulation forced price rises to be constrained to CPI.
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion wrote: »
    At my time of life I can really do without all this constant switching malarkey. It's about time regulation forced price rises to be constrained to CPI.

Well for me VM have no rival (top BB speeds)
    So i use these windows to push the price down for me. works every time.
  • 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I currently pay £24.50/month for up to 100mb cable broadband (discounted from £29.50 as I've a £5 loyalty deal) so roll on December when I can renew and thus haggle.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Thank goodness I left VM a few years ago and went elsewhere.
  • I was really stuck with VM because of a huge tree bang in line with the satellite for Sky. The final straw for me came with their ridculous letter last month saying that they were increasing costs to bring 'sports'. Well that's no good to me is it because we don't watch sports - so why am I paying for it?

Fortunately, my neighbour allowed the Engineer to run a cable from her dish. Ta Da!

When I rang VM to cancel, it was quite apparent that the Agent was fed up with ppl cancelling - he didn't even bother offering anything to make me stay. Shameful really, considering I'd been with them over 8 years on the top packages for BB, TV and phone.

Soooo glad to be rid of them!
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    But dont all the others put up prices as well?
  • prowlaprowla Forumite
    12.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might downgrade my connection.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides