Mortgage free by 2021?!

Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    So the 5k race didn't happen. :( I was all set, woke up bright and early yesterday...and fainted while brushing my teeth. Now have a sore toe (hit it on the bottom of the vanity, I think?) and a bump on my head (...no idea...) and have felt woozy since. I've never fainted before, so that was an unusual (and not very fun) experience.

Saw the nurse at the GP today and know that my blood pressure and pulse are normal...so that was useful. ;) She chalked it up to the heat (though it was quite chilly yesterday morning) and dehydration (even though I drank quite a bit of water on Saturday). So I guess I'm assuming it's a one-off?

Worked from home today and may do so again tomorrow...walking the dogs was OK this evening, but still a bit dizzy during and quite tired after, so don't fancy an hour in a hot tube car.

Not much else to report. Still battling with FD over this loan. DH hasn't updated his name with them as it might have messed up our mortgage re-fix, so he sent bank statements (from other bank in new name) along with deed poll as proof of income/matching accounts. They responded by sending him a change of name form and ignoring/throwing out/losing (?) the deed poll and the bank statements. :( When he phoned up to figure out what to do they advised sending everything again, so now we're waiting to see if they've gotten it. Should have just done it in my name, but most of our CCs are in my name so I figured he should have some debt/good payment records in his name as well. At least we only want the money to earn interest off of, so it's not a huge deal if it takes a while to arrive.
  • lippy1923
    lippy1923 Posts: 1,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on the windfall. Def a good idea to spend some on the fence. Really need to think about getting ours redone. Always gets pushed back lol

Sorry to hear about the fainting. I have only ever fainted once (after giving birth) so know the cause, but it was still not a pleasant experience. Hopefully you were just tired or dehydrated and it was a one off.
    Total Mortgage OP £61,000
    Outstanding Mortgage £27,971
    Emergency Fund £62,100
    I AM NOW MORTGAGE NEUTRAL!!!! <<Sep-20>>

• hiddenshadow
    Options
    Childbirth sounds much more valid a reason for fainting than brushing teeth! Frankly quite glad I won't have to deal with that experience - I have a pretty high pain tolerance level, but..no thank you.

Hoping to call fence people tomorrow - got some recommendations from a neighbour while out with the dogs this evening.
  • FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope good news on fencing and fainting fronts x
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks! Feeling a bit better this weekend, though not 100%. Need to go back to the GP tomorrow to get bloodwork done, though he doesn't think there's anything major going on.

Finally got paperwork from FD re: loan, so DH can go to N@tionwide and see if they'll do their price-beating guarantee. Hoping that will be quick as he can bring all his paperwork at once and have less faff about mailing things back and forth.

Payday on Wednesday...maybe. ;) Work still hasn't confirmed that they've setup my pay, and I don't think they have my bank details, so I'm hoping it gets sorted this week. I'm pretty sure they're happy with my performance so far (though want to chat with my manager once he's over his illness and back in the office), but you wouldn't know it from the paperwork side.

Nothing else exciting to report until we have May pay in hand. I forgot that I'll get double-pay for the last week of April as I was paid holiday time for it from old job and started new job, so that should make for a nice OP. :)
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,466 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the fainting Hidden. Wishing you a lovely restful day today :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks BW. Much quieter weekend than I would have liked (planned to go out to dinner, at least!), but there are worse fates.

Quiet-ish day home today as well. Did bloods at the GP so should hear back this week if anything's amiss.

MSE-wise work finally asked for my details to setup pay. ;) Did confirm that it should happen on Wednesday, so at least they're quick to handle it when they do get around to it. DH was stuck in meetings all day so didn't get to N@tionwide, but I'm hoping if he goes tomorrow they can sort us out this week sometime.

Roll on pay day!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Pay arrived bright and early this morning, so work finance people get a (virtual) cookie. Certainly beats old job where the pay wouldn't show up until the day after it supposedly went into my account, and there was always faff about handling weekends/bank holidays/etc.

Got free lunch today with work, too - granted, had to talk about work the whole time but it was an interesting conversation.

Pension payment isn't setup yet so need to do that manually. Of course now that the larger amount is in my account (about 70% more than my normal paycheque should be) it's tempting to just throw the extra at the mortgage. Math wins out on the pension, though - 20% back plus the pension fund should earn far more than 2.4%/year on average. Just need to figure out how to do the manual payment and then remember to claim back tax from HMRC sometime...think in April? Will wait until DH gets paid to make sure all of next month's spends are accounted for and then pull the trigger.

Had a glowing review of my performance at new job so far, so that's nice. :) I've made lots of suggestions on changes to workflow/processes/etc, so it's nice to know those are appreciated.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day and always good to get a free lunch. My work free lunch following a meeting didn't quite work. Meeting overran and 3 of us had to share some cold chips and 3 dried up sausages! Thankfully I had my emergency porridge in my drawer!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Oh no! I have emergency muesli and porridge under my desk. :) Haven't had to use either yet but I'm sure that day will come.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure