Mortgage free by 2021?!

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    Options
    The only way i will agree to Ikea is in the proviso that i get a hot dog and an ice cream!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    The only way i will agree to Ikea is in the proviso that i get a hot dog and an ice cream!

Ha - we were going to relax with a coffee/tea at the end but my legs were giving out about 50 feet in, so it was all I could do to get back to the car.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    2 year MSE anniversary tomorrow apparently. :) Hard to believe it's been 2 years already.

Back from our few days in London...good fun shopping with fellow crafters (though probably spent too much money :o), great to spend time with our friends, all in all a successful trip. Super exhausted today though, so we just unpacked a few kitchen boxes and passed out on the couch for the afternoon.

Hoping for a quiet week - DH is home all week (yay) so we should be able to relax a bit.
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Overall a quiet month. No OPs, no exciting financial news. Finally getting everything setup both here and in the UK, which is good. Work has quieted down a bit from the full-on manic/panic phase, but have yet to see actual change that would prevent panic in the future, so I remain skeptical.

September OPs: £0.00
    September Offset: £0.00

Current (offset) balance: £107,383.17
    Month we’d be in to get to our current balance without OPs: March 2027 (+2 months)

2017 Overpayments: £10,053.84
    2017 Offset Savings: -£6,171.94
    2017 Interest Saved: £3,752.04

Total Overpayments/Offsets: £68,117.12
    Total Interest Saved: £56,094.26

Daily Interest: £7.08 (down £0.06)
    Monthly Interest: £219.08 (down £1.71)
    September 2016 Interest: £273.76 (down £54.28)
    September 2016 Daily Interest: £9.11 (down £2.03)

House Bricks: 1 :)

Mortgage reduction: £12,285/£20,000 (61%) (Average: £1,228.57/mo)

OPs on pause for now…still coloured in a brick though. :)

Net worth increase: £51,207/£80,000 (64%)

Steady progress here.

MFIT-4: £52,116/£90,000 (57%)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Finally feeling like we're back in a regular groove re: life/finances, so it's time for some goals. :)

UK EF: £0/£600 (this would put it at £4,500, ultimately want it at £5,000)
    Ireland EF: €0/€100 (this would put it at €600, ultimately want it at €5,000)

Groceries: €96.37/€200 (hoping to get this closer to €150 long-term, but we're still stocking up on staples)
    Transfer £ to €: £0/£2,500
    Move forward in one way or another re: horrible estate agents (hoping to hear back from them this week, though anticipate they'll say nothing of substance)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    As expected, estate agents did not act amazingly with their response. Their response was so extra un-amazing, though....I couldn't even read it in detail, I just skimmed and raged. (Will need to read in detail at some point, sadly.) Now we're hunting solicitors to hopefully not charge us tons of money to advise us that we can write them a nasty letter and make them not be crap. (We'll see how well that plan pans out.)

Mostly NSDs these days as we're generally at home working, which is nice. :) Weekends are errands/groceries/etc, which has been working out well so far.

Not much else to report...work has given me the week off to rest after insane work the past few months, so I'm trying to relax and take advantage of it. I'm sure it'll be back to insane/manic next week though.

UK EF: £0/£600
    Ireland EF: €0/€100

Groceries: €96.37/€200
    Transfer £ to €: £300/£2,500 (12%)
    Find solicitor to deal with horrible estate agents
    File complaint with Property Ombudsman
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hey hiddenshadow,

Lots has happened since I was last here, I am hoping it will all sort to sort itself out now, did you hear back about a partial refund for the late delivery?

Keep up the fab work!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Hi jodles, thanks for checking in. :)

That reminds me...the delivery company never did get back to me. :( I wasn't really expecting a refund, but an actual response would be nice. I do still need to write them a very lukewarm (verging on cold?) review online...we did get our things in the end, so I guess that's the main part, but their communication was non-existent. Sigh.
  • FloppyDisk
    Options
    I'm sorry everything has been such a nightmare, how is actual Life? I'm really quite concerned about the ban on tenant fees, it's just going to shift the cost elsewhere without actually making agents remotely better at their jobs.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Thanks FD. I'm also concerned that the legislation that's meant to help tenants is just going to make things worse.

Life is...quiet. Work is continuing, and I've avoided having to fly to London (solo) next week, so that's a plus. Otherwise nothing exciting going on...even planned excursions have been put off a few times due to illness and/or bad weather. (Fingers crossed this weekend we can finally do something!) I've tried to get in touch with the local stables, but haven't been able to reach them by e-mail or in person (think they were away at a show?), so should try again. Not that I have energy to ride, really, but it might be decent physical therapy even if all I can do is walk/trot for 30 minutes or something.

I feel like I've abandoned this journal, mostly because my (now limited) mental energy is being taken up by work, so at the end of the day I can't think of anything to say, let alone have the energy to say it. Partly because the excitement of this journal is largely on pause at the moment, as we're not making OPs, so no exciting spreadsheet updates, but there's also nothing overly exciting going on in other budget/financial/life areas. That's not necessarily bad, I suppose, just...different.

On the health front, I do have appointments next month to see consultants here, so I'm hoping that will produce more information/ideas, as the NHS consultants seem all out of ideas. I'll have to pay to see one consultant, so I'm hoping that + any tests won't be too expensive, but if it leads to diagnosis and/or effective treatment, I'll be happy.

Goals

UK EF: £800/£600 (133%)
    Ireland EF: €100/€100 (100%)

Groceries: €396.79/€200 yeah….won’t even make it below €400 this month :( this is the problem with DH going shopping, though granted he does tend to only stock up on sales things…and some of this will be household things, which I’m trying to track separately
    Transfer £ to €: £2,810/£2,500 (112%) should get above £3k this month :)
    Find solicitor to deal with horrible estate agents found a potential one, on hold until ombudsman does their investigation
    File complaint with Property Ombudsman done! up to 90 days for a resolution though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure