Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 2

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome home, Pyxis!

My valentine's gift to WaSp has backfired on me! I am having to watch the game, he has managed to use a cable to put it on the tv so I can watch him play! Save me!

You sound better, WaSsikins!

I love it that Littlewing's giraffe makes cornflake cakes! :)
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    I do feel better, Pyxis! I always feel better if I can be given a day off from fighting my thoughts. A lot of the time all I need is to be put into hospital for a day so I know someone else has responsibility for me and I can stop challenging everything I think and wondering if what I want to do is safe. More than anything I just get so physically and mentally tired which is what the lovely psychiatrist from the Crisis Team recognised. Just one day to sleep properly and not be anxious is all I need to feel stronger again.

Plus did I mention they gave me amazing medication? Thinking of how it made me feel makes me feel all warm and safe even now!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe the reason you love that medication so much is that it restores you to the life you should be living.

I really hope that mental health research makes massive strides in the next few years to really improve the quality of life for so many people.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Wow, whitewing that's actually a very good point. I didn't feel under threat and paranoid at all. You are right, that's how I should feel. It stands out to me because I am never truly relaxed and my thoughts are always rushing, it was such a contrast to suddenly have no fears and to feel calm. Thank you, I didn't think of it that way.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    This is a very inappropriate comment but WaS those drugs sound amazing, I would pay good money for a rest and a day off from my brain.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hahahaha! They really were amazing tea, I would like them all the time. They are clearly something they keep for emergencies for people who are really anxious and need to calm down quickly but the effect was amazing. If I can think a hospital trolley is more soft and comfortable than any bed I have ever slept in it gives you an idea of how good they were!

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    Was You sound much happier and relaxed . Maybe a review of your medication might bring about a less anxious state . May be worth contacting your consultant .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    The Crisis Team have written to my psychiatrist polly, so hopefully he will have some ideas on the next appointment. Right now have they increased all of my current medication which is also helping my mood but the side effects are terrible for me which is why I take less then I need usually. My stomach is a mess, my reflux disease is terrible, I am slurring my speech and occasionally dribbling! My balance has gone completely and I can't lift my feet properly when I walk. Right now, it's better I suffer physically than mentally so I need to put up with it for the time being but hopefully we can review this and try to find a middle ground.

But, I am ready to fight another day! A day off from my thoughts and anxiety has done wonders for me!

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done tea

Glad you feel better WaS
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hahahaha! I did say to the psychiatrist "Can't you just prescribe me that?" she laughed and said no, unfortunately. I think it is something they keep for people who are really distressed and need to be calmed down as fast as possible and as you say Pyxis, it is probably very addictive. I could barely keep awake for 2 days afterwards, it forced me to rest and now, today I feel so much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure