Clearscore

Options

Comments

• hackenbush55
    Options
    I have tried to raise a query with Clearscore about an incorrect association, as the report shows details for my sister-in-law, who has the same first name as me, and her husband; Equifax send emails to log in, but when trying to reset password their reply email is not being received by me. I do not want to have to set up an account with Equifax to correct an error on Clearscore. Is there any easier way to have this corrected?
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    edited 2 December 2015 at 10:45AM
    Options
    I have tried to raise a query with Clearscore about an incorrect association, as the report shows details for my sister-in-law, who has the same first name as me, and her husband; Equifax send emails to log in, but when trying to reset password their reply email is not being received by me. I do not want to have to set up an account with Equifax to correct an error on Clearscore. Is there any easier way to have this corrected?

Hi Hackenbush,

Aleksandra from ClearScore here. ClearScore is not a Credit Reference Agency and we simply present you with the information provided by Equifax. This is why if you want to dispute an association, we help you to do so directly with Equifax.
    The best way to solve your current issue would be to fill out this form https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2, outlining the issue and including your email address.
    When you filed a dispute, Equifax created an account for you so that you can monitor the progress - from your description, it looks like you have lost access to this. Our customer operations team will be able to reset the Equifax password for you.

Kind regards,
    Aleksandra
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • gingercordial
    Options
    I also had the issue with an Equifax My Questions account being automatically created when I raised a question at Clearscore, then not being able to "reset my password" in order to access the MQ account to see the question's progress.

Ended up calling Equifax support on 0800 014 2955. The guy seemed a bit confused as to how I'd set up an account with Equifax without having done so myself directly, offered to try to reset my Clearscore password... He couldn't find me by my e-mail address (supposedly my username) but then managed to track me down by my question reference. The username had not actually been set when the question was created by Clearscore, so he did that and I was then able to reset the password.

Hope that helps somebody.
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    Options
    billyidol wrote: »
    I registered with this service around eight weeks ago. Since registering I have been inundated with spam emails for financial products/ppl and other associated services. I have been away for 10 days and in this time I have received over 340 emails for financially associated products. I have not signed my email to any other service so know that this is connected to this service.

Not what I expected.

Hi Billyidol, Aleksandra from ClearScore here.

Though I'm sorry to hear about your spam issue, it’s important for me to be very clear that the emails you’re receiving are not related to your ClearScore account.

ClearScore does not and will not under any circumstances sell your data.

We only send you emails when we want to let you know of a change to your account – for example each month when a new report is ready. These emails are clearly marked from ClearScore.

You can read more detail here on our FAQ page.

Regards,
    Aleksandra
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When I view an account and hover my pointer over a 'Payment' green blob the text 'Minimum payment' appears:

ClearScore_01.jpg

Presumably this is meant to indicate I made the minimum payment.

This is clearly wrong because I always pay the balance in full, which is significantly more than the minimum payment.
  • agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    I also had the issue with an Equifax My Questions account being automatically created when I raised a question at Clearscore, then not being able to "reset my password" in order to access the MQ account to see the question's progress.

Ended up calling Equifax support on 0800 014 2955. The guy seemed a bit confused as to how I'd set up an account with Equifax without having done so myself directly, offered to try to reset my Clearscore password... He couldn't find me by my e-mail address (supposedly my username) but then managed to track me down by my question reference. The username had not actually been set when the question was created by Clearscore, so he did that and I was then able to reset the password.

Hope that helps somebody.
    I think it helps us all thanks gingercordial.

SO when you sign up to Clearscore they are using your agreement to their terms and conditions to set up an account with Equifax?? And Equifax let them??

We punters need Clearscore like we need a new hole in the head :mad:
  • pb8770
    pb8770 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just joined Clearscore and was easy to set up. It's like multiple questions about yourself where it is easy to get them right if it is you filling in the form. The good thing is no card details needed and no free trial mentioned. All items are correct and the credit score is based on an up to 700 and gives you your score, an average score in your area and the national average score, so you can see if you need to improve on your spending habits.
  • Chris.dance
    Options
    Hi,

Took me less than 10 minutes to sign up. Similar style questions to the others but nothing too taking. Looks very user friendly and straight forward. Quite a few adverts but not to an annoying level and as I assume this is how they are making their money happy to have them there if it keep the service free. Thanks :D
  • AshleyH
    Options
    I have membership access accounts with Experian, Equifax and Noddle but trying to join this latest scheme was a complete nightmare. There is no phone number to ring them, just an email contact. Response to emails are fairly quick and very polite but really just to say that it's nothing to do with them and it's all Equifax fault even though I have an Equifax account. Eventually managed to bypass the system and get an account setup and I must say the information is pretty limited and it certainly isn't possible to archive your report as a PDF for future reference/monitoring. If you look on it as a very very basic quick look at Equifax opinion of your score then that's all it is. Not worth the effort really.
  • thedean
    Options
    When I tried the result was:
    "Unfortunately we haven't managed to find a credit report for you or one with enough detail to generate the security questions we need to validate your identity. This can happen when you haven't used credit much before, perhaps because you are younger, or you are new to the country and don't have a credit history or the data we hold does not offer the right information for us to authenticate you."

I'm over 50, 3 active credit cards 2 current ACs but no mortgage and have lived in the UK since birth. Lucky I don't need credit. Perhaps I better apply for a few cards.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback