Changes to Tesco Clubcard Credit Card.

Options

Comments

• planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the Tesco card, for spending, appeals even less now..
    i wouldn't look beyond Amex Cashback for spending at Tesco, Asda or elsewhere..
  • splatt30
    Options
    I have had my Tesco card for 13 years, so I was still receiving 1 point over £2 spend. The changes makes is it pretty much pointless. I've just got a 0% on purchase to use for the next few months and then will see what CB cards are available, but sadly I think the regulations changes will make cutback cards increasingly worthless
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i'm using Amex with Barclaycard and, currently, Nationwide back up cards, splatt30
    if Cashback were to dry up completely (hoping that Amex carry on as they are, of course) then i would change tack and look at 'Interest Free on Spending' deals, such as the Clydesdale Goldcard
  • Richchad
    Richchad Posts: 534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So what are the cashback percentages for in store purchases and non store spending of the Tesco credit card now?

Assuming you just spend them in Tesco and not use boost options?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    OP I'd suggest you take a look here:

https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/Changes-to-Clubcard-benefits-for-credit-card-users/m-p/2180#U2180

In store spending attracts 5 points per £4 of spending (on qualifying purchases). Out of store spending is now 1 point per £1 of qualifying spending.

£1 for every £8 spent elsewhere.

The 5 points for a £4 spend at Tesco is a bit misleading because it includes standard ClubCard points that are available to everyone.

So, basically, it's 1 (extra) point for every £4 spent at Tesco and 1 point for every £8 spend elsewhere.

Every little helps. :)
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Richchad wrote: »
    So what are the cashback percentages for in store purchases and non store spending of the Tesco credit card now?

Assuming you just spend them in Tesco and not use boost options?

0.25% for spending at Tesco.
    0.125% for spending elsewhere.

But don't forget that a spend of £3.99 at Tesco and a spend of £7.99 elsewhere wouldn't attract any (extra) points.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not use TSB contactless Debitcard at Tesco supermarket ?? You get cashback 5%. Better than Tesco Clubcard point anyway.

Also you could use it in other store which have contactless payment processing.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Why not use TSB contactless Debitcard at Tesco supermarket ?? You get cashback 5%. Better than Tesco Clubcard point anyway.

Also you could use it in other store which have contactless payment processing.

It depends if your Tesco has contactless. My local Tesco Metro and Tesco Express do; my nearby Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra do not.

Nothing to stop people earning Clubcard points and 5% cashback though!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 February 2016 at 12:08AM
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    It depends if your Tesco has contactless. My local Tesco Metro and Tesco Express do; my nearby Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra do not.

Nothing to stop people earning Clubcard points and 5% cashback though!

Certainly, you could always use Tesco Club card + TSB con tactless to earn both Point and 5% cashback. But my point above is that using the Tesco Club card Credit card you earn more point than just using your Tesco club-card, but less in term of cash back if compared it with TSB so better to use TSB contactless + Tesco clubcard when shopping in Tesco.

I have yet to find Tesco, including Tesco Metro in London which do not have contactless payment processing. But TBH I do not know the condition outside London.
  • Carnival789
    Options
    splatt30 wrote: »
    I have had my Tesco card for 13 years, so I was still receiving 1 point over £2 spend. The changes makes is it pretty much pointless. I've just got a 0% on purchase to use for the next few months and then will see what CB cards are available, but sadly I think the regulations changes will make cutback cards increasingly worthless

Did you get switched over from a Visa to MasterCard a few years ago? If so, don't forget you get 650 free points each year just for having the card. It's not an awful lot I know, but if you use it to boost up its worth £26 of eating out vouchers ! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure