Changes to Tesco Clubcard Credit Card.

in Credit Cards
65 replies 15.4K views
12346

Replies

  • planteriaplanteria Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    the Tesco card, for spending, appeals even less now..
    i wouldn't look beyond Amex Cashback for spending at Tesco, Asda or elsewhere..
  • splatt30splatt30 Forumite
    337 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I have had my Tesco card for 13 years, so I was still receiving 1 point over £2 spend. The changes makes is it pretty much pointless. I've just got a 0% on purchase to use for the next few months and then will see what CB cards are available, but sadly I think the regulations changes will make cutback cards increasingly worthless
  • planteriaplanteria Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm using Amex with Barclaycard and, currently, Nationwide back up cards, splatt30
    if Cashback were to dry up completely (hoping that Amex carry on as they are, of course) then i would change tack and look at 'Interest Free on Spending' deals, such as the Clydesdale Goldcard
  • RichchadRichchad Forumite
    434 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    So what are the cashback percentages for in store purchases and non store spending of the Tesco credit card now?

    Assuming you just spend them in Tesco and not use boost options?
  • SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    20aday wrote: »
    OP I'd suggest you take a look here:

    https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/Changes-to-Clubcard-benefits-for-credit-card-users/m-p/2180#U2180

    In store spending attracts 5 points per £4 of spending (on qualifying purchases). Out of store spending is now 1 point per £1 of qualifying spending.

    £1 for every £8 spent elsewhere.

    The 5 points for a £4 spend at Tesco is a bit misleading because it includes standard ClubCard points that are available to everyone.

    So, basically, it's 1 (extra) point for every £4 spent at Tesco and 1 point for every £8 spend elsewhere.

    Every little helps. :)
  • SnowTigerSnowTiger Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Richchad wrote: »
    So what are the cashback percentages for in store purchases and non store spending of the Tesco credit card now?

    Assuming you just spend them in Tesco and not use boost options?

    0.25% for spending at Tesco.
    0.125% for spending elsewhere.

    But don't forget that a spend of £3.99 at Tesco and a spend of £7.99 elsewhere wouldn't attract any (extra) points.
  • adindasadindas Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not use TSB contactless Debitcard at Tesco supermarket ?? You get cashback 5%. Better than Tesco Clubcard point anyway.

    Also you could use it in other store which have contactless payment processing.
  • 20aday20aday Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    adindas wrote: »
    Why not use TSB contactless Debitcard at Tesco supermarket ?? You get cashback 5%. Better than Tesco Clubcard point anyway.

    Also you could use it in other store which have contactless payment processing.

    It depends if your Tesco has contactless. My local Tesco Metro and Tesco Express do; my nearby Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra do not.

    Nothing to stop people earning Clubcard points and 5% cashback though!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • edited 17 February 2016 at 11:08PM
    adindasadindas Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2016 at 11:08PM
    20aday wrote: »
    It depends if your Tesco has contactless. My local Tesco Metro and Tesco Express do; my nearby Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra do not.

    Nothing to stop people earning Clubcard points and 5% cashback though!

    Certainly, you could always use Tesco Club card + TSB con tactless to earn both Point and 5% cashback. But my point above is that using the Tesco Club card Credit card you earn more point than just using your Tesco club-card, but less in term of cash back if compared it with TSB so better to use TSB contactless + Tesco clubcard when shopping in Tesco.

    I have yet to find Tesco, including Tesco Metro in London which do not have contactless payment processing. But TBH I do not know the condition outside London.
  • Carnival789Carnival789 Forumite
    153 Posts
    splatt30 wrote: »
    I have had my Tesco card for 13 years, so I was still receiving 1 point over £2 spend. The changes makes is it pretty much pointless. I've just got a 0% on purchase to use for the next few months and then will see what CB cards are available, but sadly I think the regulations changes will make cutback cards increasingly worthless

    Did you get switched over from a Visa to MasterCard a few years ago? If so, don't forget you get 650 free points each year just for having the card. It's not an awful lot I know, but if you use it to boost up its worth £26 of eating out vouchers ! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals