Septembers 'Take your Lunch To Work' Challenge.

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Forumite Posts: 7,812
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Nothing yesterday and today bread,marmite and a banana.
  • There_Is_a_Light
    There_Is_a_Light Forumite Posts: 569 Forumite
    Leftovers for me today. Noodles with veg in a hoisin sauce, will warm them up in the microwave at work for lunch. Yummm

4/27 so far for me :)
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • chocolatelover93
    chocolatelover93 Forumite Posts: 1,033
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello,
    I did an SOA a couple of day's ago and worked out that me and hubby spend roughly £182 a month on food at work :(
    Coule I please join? as I think I need to judging by that stupidly high figure!!
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Forumite Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    I've been ever so good and packed a salad for my lunch BUT THERE IS A MARKET IN OUR VILLAGE TODAY. seriously, for the first time ever. I have to go ( I need to walk past it to get to the bank) I keep telling myself I can get us an after dinner treat, and my lunch is fine and tasty.
  • 498louise
    498louise Forumite Posts: 67
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good afternoon,

I have managed another 2 days of packed lunches at work (although technically lunch at home yesterday). The contents of my lunches have not been too exciting, just tinned soup, sandwiches, fruit and other snacks. I was drinking a lot of coke before, always popping out to the shops for a can but have not had one since Monday, I've been bringing a water bottle filled with orange squash with me to work instead. I had a bad migraine yesterday which I suspect was from the lack of coke!

I am planning to include my weekends as days I will not eat out for lunch so we'll see how that goes.

Enjoy your weekend.
    NSD Dec: 0/15
    Make £1 a day in Dec: £0/£31
    Credit Card1: £0.00
    Credit Card2:
    Bank Loan: £0
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Forumite Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi all just woke up from post night shift beauty/recovery sleep. Went straight to bed after work after 2 sips of tea which DS1 lovingly prepared for me. So skipped breakfast and lunch (shift work is a very unhealthy lifestyle).

Tut Tut! I bet shift patterns make it really difficult though, so i wont nag too much ;)
    Samiszel wrote: »
    LTW number 3- pasta a la carbonara leftovers brought to work and home-made hazelnut bar.

Home made hazlenut bar? Could you share the recipe please, it sounds nice!
    Well aren't I a silly sausage! I *took* my lunch to work but.. well then the canteen was serving one of my favourites so...

Doh. One chick pea and feta salad came home with me :( I did however enjoy the overnight oats I took with me and a brekkie bar which at least staved off the vending machine temptations!

*hangs head in shame*

No head hanging needed, we live and learn AND you are trying, which makes the difference. Just think of the £'s you will save ;)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Forumite Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Added to here! :)

Leftovers for me today. Noodles with veg in a hoisin sauce, will warm them up in the microwave at work for lunch. Yummm

4/27 so far for me :)

I love leftovers, and that sounds sooo good!
    Hello,
    I did an SOA a couple of day's ago and worked out that me and hubby spend roughly £182 a month on food at work :(
    Coule I please join? as I think I need to judging by that stupidly high figure!!

Welcome aboard :) I was spending more than that on just me, before i started this thread. You are in good company :)
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I've been ever so good and packed a salad for my lunch BUT THERE IS A MARKET IN OUR VILLAGE TODAY. seriously, for the first time ever. I have to go ( I need to walk past it to get to the bank) I keep telling myself I can get us an after dinner treat, and my lunch is fine and tasty.

I love a good market, so i say DO IT! Just make sure you eat your LTW and save any market goodies for later :)
  • The_Only_Girl
    The_Only_Girl Forumite Posts: 873
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Tut Tut! I bet shift patterns make it really difficult though, so i wont nag too much ;)

Same again today unfortunately. I went straight to bed after night shift number 2 sans breakfast and lunch (I needed bed more than food) but have just awaken now, STARVING I could eat for England. Will go downstairs in a bit to find something to eat.

For LTW last night I had the last bit of the noodles and veg stir fry and half a punnet of yummy cherries (YS bargain haul last Tuesday).

It won't be NSD today as I need to do buy some essentials like milk and bananas. Only a small spend hopefully.

My LTW tonight (night shift #3) will be chicken salad wrap.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Forumite Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Added to here! :)
    I love a good market, so i say DO IT! Just make sure you eat your LTW and save any market goodies for later :)

I was so good, I bought some Cannoli (may have eaten a cheeky one....) but i ate my salad, and didn't go for a calzone,however tempting it was. SUCCESS. :T
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Forumite Posts: 2,802
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Day 4 for me, and day 2 for dh. I had 4 slices of toast for lunch, 2 with pink-and-purple sprinkles (dds wanted to try but didn't like, and I just cannot throw away), 2 with honeyed goat's cheese (free after rebate).
    Dh had bread with peanutbutter, judging by the jar he left open on the kitchen table :undecided
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 448.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 232K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 171.7K Life & Family
  • 245.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure