IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help! Ukpc have 'photographic evidence' which isn't real

Options

Comments

• Aaron_Aadvark
    Options
    Multiple instances of fraud does not warrant explosion from the BPA Ltd's ATA!

Glad to see the BPA successfully driving up standards in the industry.
    Je suis Charlie
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Interesting reference to a minimum 10 minute grace period; although I'd suggest that it will also be the maximum as well!
    Is that 10mins grace, 10 mins over parking or 10 mins over on site, a world of difference on busy days?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Interesting reference to a minimum 10 minute grace period; although I'd suggest that it will also be the maximum as well!

I wonder if the BPA has run this by PE for approval?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is that 10mins grace, 10 mins over parking or 10 mins over on site, a world of difference on busy days?
    The newspaper article doesn't really say other than:-
    "An extension to the grace period at the end of the paid for parking time or after the expiry of a free parking period, to a minimum of 10 minutes, will also come into force from October1. This brings private car parks into line with car parks run by local authorities who are required by law to observe a 10 minute grace period in the same circumstances"

To me that suggests parking rather than leaving the car park but since Councils mostly use wardens on site rather than ANPR I not sure how it's going to work.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • enfield_freddy
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »

"The company has been given the highest possible number of sanction points by the British Parking Association (BPA)."

umm , ANPR got 16 points ,

so have this shower of *hite received more than 16 and are still being allowed to continue there membership?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 September 2015 at 10:07PM
    Options
    The company has been given the highest possible number of sanction points by the British Parking Association (BPA).

Err, no they haven't. The highest number of sanction points would have seen them kicked out!
    "I think it's important to point out that this isn't indicative of widespread tampering by their wardens.
    "It's rogue wardens operating outside of the code of practice and UKPC themselves have taken very firm action against those wardens."

Well that's a bit of a hostage to fortune statement! There again Dave Smith is renowned for placing his foot where his mouth is. Remember that radio interview? I'm surprised he'd ever want to put his head above the parapet again with definitive statements; they do have a tendency to bite him back a tad!

And what 'firm action' has UKPC instigated with their 'wardens'? Extended training? Sacked? Called in plod? Or given them a new camera .... and a bonus? Why don't they come clean on that?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Multiple instances of fraud does not warrant explosion from the BPA Ltd's ATA!
    Of course. How could that be incorrect in any way? If the BPA Ltd were to do that they'd have no members at all. :D
    Glad to see the BPA successfully driving up standards in the industry.
    Indeed. However, Trouserfire has never stipulated where the standards were being driven from or where they were being driven to. After all, the human race "evolved" as soon as we slithered out from the primordial soup - it didn't make us the top of the tree.

Besides, where's our compassion? The BPA continues to bleed members to the IPC. If UKPC had been expelled, Rupert would simply have jumped in his Aston, driven up to the Red Cow Yard Gang's hideout (I'd just bet he's been there already) and sat pretty while he served out his DVLA penance. A few staff may have been laid off but who cares?

Within weeks the gravy train would restart with far less rigorous oversight (if that's possible) and an even more impoverished BPA. Who knows it could all work out perfectly? Maybe the Milky Bar Kid would be prepared to do a straight swap with Trouserfire and the IPC could take over BPA Towers? Poor Old Patrick would have to make do with the old charity shop (that's what it looks like) in Knutsford. Knutsford, or Knutr's Ford according to the English Place Name Society - and how appropriate is that?

Still, Patrick's gentile, southern ways would fit in very well with the Cheshire "set".
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    According to today's Times the BPA Ltd. gave just eight penalty points to UKPC . If they had given the maximum of twelve then UKPC would have been expelled from this cosy member's club.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Zero_Gravitas
    Options
    According to today's Times the BPA Ltd. gave just eight penalty points to UKPC . If they had given the maximum of twelve then UKPC would have been expelled from this cosy member's club.

Is it just me, or is it absolutely ridiculous that UKPC operatives repeatedly and over a sustained period of time committed fraud, and yet the BPA only applies 8 points?

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but at a time when the BPA were starting to look like the good guys compared to the IPC; it would have been more sensible for them to take a proper stand.

"Driving standards up" appears to be very different from "promoting acceptable standards"

Yours sadly,

Z.G.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family