Haggle with BT - our new guide

Options

Comments

• neilsedaka
    Options
    Yes, she needs to check the basics first before working on her wifi issue.
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    BT are not offering particularly good deals these days. I've just been through the process today and decided to renew Fibre broadband only, letting the TV/Sports part expire. Whilst it is an overall saving the BB/LL part is still a small increase.

Perhaps the best deals now are only for those who actually sign up to a competitor? (i.e. when BT receive an actual cancellation/transfer notice).
    Jenni x
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dont think so as my resign was slightly more with no movement .
  • Jenni_D
    Jenni_D Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2021 at 12:19PM
    Options
    The guy on the phone (UK call centre) did say that they were aware that they were more expensive than some competitors. I guess they've now got a structured policy that they're no longer willing to "flex" - probably need the money to pay for all the sports they've been buying.
    Jenni x
  • DrMarsh
    Options
    I just rang BT, having received a broadband renewal letter (we have BB and TV, but TV contract has exprired).  Currently paying £76.80/mo for TV (24) and Broadband (52), was offered about £65/month on the phone for TV and BB yet new customer package for same is £47.99/mo.  The renewal letter even states 'we promise you'll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract'.  Any suggestions?

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact BT retentions and tell them you want to leave due to price increase .
  • southsidergs
    Options
    DrMarsh said:
    I just rang BT, having received a broadband renewal letter (we have BB and TV, but TV contract has exprired).  Currently paying £76.80/mo for TV (24) and Broadband (52), was offered about £65/month on the phone for TV and BB yet new customer package for same is £47.99/mo.  The renewal letter even states 'we promise you'll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract'.  Any suggestions?

The circled bit & new customers pricing is talking about the halo packages they're offering you which is more expensive than the standard fibre 1/fibre 2 offers so is irrelevant when comparing to them
  • MoneySaverSN1
    Options
    I get broadband, landline and VIP TV package from BT.  Just managed to reduce the monthly bill by £17.24 by speaking to the loyalty team.  This pretty much matched what was on offer from Sky and Virgin for new customers, so I'm happy with the outcome as I prefer the TV offering from BT compared to the others.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone managed to haggle the BT full fibre 100/150 deal to lower than £29.99. It’s their standard price I think without Halo (£39.99)

currently out of contract and paying £29.50 for fibre 2 and not sure what to do. Was paying £19.99 for phone plus fibre but that deal will never be beaten 
  • Peppa537
    Peppa537 Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    shaggy said:
    Has anyone managed to haggle the BT full fibre 100/150 deal to lower than £29.99. It’s their standard price I think without Halo (£39.99)

currently out of contract and paying £29.50 for fibre 2 and not sure what to do. Was paying £19.99 for phone plus fibre but that deal will never be beaten 
    I was paying around £35 a month so when I got within 3 months of this contract ending (Oct 2021) I phoned BT to see what they could do. I have Sky TV and they’d emailed me a BB deal for £26.99 a month. I told BT this and they offered me Fibre 2 for £25.99 a month which I accepted, it’s a 2yr contract though so obviously there will be 2 price increases in this and current one takes it to £28.40. Like I said this was in October last year and they knew what Sky were charging new customers, what the best current prices are I’m not sure.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback