🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Preparing for the biggest move of our life

Options

Comments

• bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I found a personality test online that had been mentioned in a couple of diaries I read. How spookily accurate!
    I am INFJ - and I couldn't disagree with a single description in a single area of my life. Ironically my name means defender of mankind, and in my job I am able to reach out to people in away that I have never been able to before, which is why I love it so much!
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £534.4 (5/24)

• Simply_Saving
    Options
    I love things like that. I've just given it a go. I'm an ENFP. Spookily accurate indeed!

N x
  • bellevie
    Options
    I am getting very worried about the impending changes to working tax credits.

Despite being on the real 'living wage', it doesn't leave much after childcare costs and rent -I live in the cheapest house in my town, the town DD's school is in and the town I work in.
    I check this on a regular basis, that's 3 different towns to choose from, and nothing cheaper has come up.

Rental prices I paid in 2008-2011, were £250 per month cheaper, if I could find something in the same region it would compensate for some childcare costs, and things would balance out. I don't think my situation short of an amazing promotion will improve until DD no longer requires childcare.....that said at the rate rentals have shot up I will probably be no better off even then!

Feeling very impatient today, I want this savings process to speed up so we can get our own forever home!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• catriona79
    Options
    bellevie wrote: »
    I found a personality test online that had been mentioned in a couple of diaries I read. How spookily accurate!
    I am INFJ - and I couldn't disagree with a single description in a single area of my life. Ironically my name means defender of mankind, and in my job I am able to reach out to people in away that I have never been able to before, which is why I love it so much!

A fellow INFJ. So lovely to find that out about you! And so glad that you've got into MBTI x
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • bellevie
    Options
    Wow, Catriona - we are the rarest 1% so google tells me!

I done a lot of reading, trying to place my friends based on their descriptions, I am curious to see if I have them right if only I could get them to take the test :)
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    I'm an INFP — was made to take test at Working Links and I agree that they are spookily accurate. Was relieved to read that my personality type is suited to being a writer!
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Bellevie

How lovely - you might like this http://www.infj.com/ . I've found some lovely and very helpful things through its links. I did the test through work and have usually found that the types reflect people's personalities.

Re renting - is there anyone you'd consider sharing with, if that would give you a break for a couple of years? House prices and rents are just mad at the moment. I hope you find a solution that suits you.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • bellevie
    Options
    Its payday tomorrow! I need to remember to check the right bank account in the morning otherwise I can see myself having a slight panic. It will hopefully all be in my new account and I can set up my rent standing order and get my accounts into shape!

I am looking forward to going to sleep now, just so I can wake up!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    Hi Bellevie

How lovely - you might like this http://www.infj.com/ . I've found some lovely and very helpful things through its links. I did the test through work and have usually found that the types reflect people's personalities.

Re renting - is there anyone you'd consider sharing with, if that would give you a break for a couple of years? House prices and rents are just mad at the moment. I hope you find a solution that suits you.

Rosa xx

Hi Rosa,

Thank you I will have a look at that!

There isn't to be honest, I think it would be hard living with someone else and DD - though I shared lots in my younger days. I think if I had a 3 bed house, I would get a lodger in, as it would be my place I wouldn't have to panic about DD wanting to watch cartoons or slide down the stairs.

I only have one other single parent friend, she has only recently separated so will be moving in with her mum. I contemplated maybe something between us for a brief minute when she told me she was leaving, but she has left and returned before and I just couldn't take the risk of being left with rent for a huge place!

I have considered a one bed and letting DD have the bedroom I could have the living room but I am not sure agents would be keen, and it would be hard to hide from inspections.

I would definitely do that if purchasing, especially if I found a large 1 bed that I could split into 2 - its just getting some savings down.

I move over to my new salary next month, so I hope that will bring some slight relief!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

• bellevie
    Options
    Sleepless night. Massive relief when I saw my wages had gone into the right account. Problem being, they haven't it appears added 52 hours worth of overtime. When my rent goes out, I will have £ 86 for food and petrol for 1 month. My petrol alone costs that! Thank goodness for what's left of my emergency fund!

If my manager was late sending my hours, they won't do a thing until next payday. If it's a payroll mistake, they should bacs it across in a few days.

If they can't send it over before next pay day, I will have to stop overtime right away. I've already paid childcare upfront but I will not put a single penny of petrol more than I need for my contracted hours.

Not quite sure how I will get back to sleep now but I had better try!
    MFW

Original end 11/2045 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing