Horrible dilemma

in Pets & Pet Care
56 replies 9.3K views

Replies

• m1kjmm1kjm Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Was the dog elderly or was he/she a youngish un-neutered, cute pedigree? I appreciate the OP can't be too precise on an open forum.

I think the situation is very fishy.

OP I think you have a duty to pursue this issue to try to protect other pets and their unsuspecting owners.
  • noelphobicnoelphobic Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have found out a lot more info since I last posted, including the fact that several dogs have gone missing while in this man's care. My friend only told me at the weekend that she has serious doubts about what happened so I told her what I have found out. I will post an update when I can but there may be legal proceedings by one or more persons so can't say too much at this stage.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago there was a case of an owner being advised that his dog had gone missing while in kennels.

The owner and helpers, postered, teavelled miles and spent hours waliking and searching for any leads on the dog.

Several weeks later, the owner recieved a telephone call from a man who had just seen a poster He told her he had knocked down a dog answering the description - an easly recognosed breed- but a man had come out of the kennels claiming he was the owner and would take care of it.

Further enquiries and many denials and putting the pieces of the stories together, it appeared that the kennel owner had gone away for the weekend and left a friend in charge.

The dog had escaped while being exercised and ran in to the road and was killed.

Whether he had told the kennel owner was not known.

As the dog owner was considering legal action no further updates were given.

You really do need to check out any kennels carefully , including where and how they exercise the dogs and preferably have a personal recommendation.

Also, remember good kennels get booked up early so don't wait until the last minute.
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nethertons-total-dogs-owner-lawrence-10038900

This is where things stand now. All kinds of horrific details have come to light.
  • jrtfanjrtfan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no, your poor friend must be feeling awful. I'm really glad this has come to light if the owners involved can finally get closure, but it must be heartbreaking for them at the same time.
  • edited 12 September 2015 at 4:20PM
    RADDERSRADDERS Forumite
    241 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    edited 12 September 2015 at 4:20PM
    Well I hope the posters that told you to mind your own business as it had nothing to do with you read your latest update. You went with your instincts and thank goodness you did if it stops any other tragedies it was well worth it. I had actually read about this on the doglost website and i always worry when I put my little dog in Kennels and try and not do it very often so if this is a bad kennels it deserves to be shut down. Well done
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sheramber wrote: »
    A couple of years ago there was a case of an owner being advised that his dog had gone missing while in kennels.

The owner and helpers, postered, teavelled miles and spent hours waliking and searching for any leads on the dog.

Several weeks later, the owner recieved a telephone call from a man who had just seen a poster He told her he had knocked down a dog answering the description - an easly recognosed breed- but a man had come out of the kennels claiming he was the owner and would take care of it.

Further enquiries and many denials and putting the pieces of the stories together, it appeared that the kennel owner had gone away for the weekend and left a friend in charge.

The dog had escaped while being exercised and ran in to the road and was killed.

Whether he had told the kennel owner was not known.

As the dog owner was considering legal action no further updates were given.

You really do need to check out any kennels carefully , including where and how they exercise the dogs and preferably have a personal recommendation.

Also, remember good kennels get booked up early so don't wait until the last minute.

Do you know where this happened? Wondering if it could be the same place.
  • happysaz133happysaz133 Forumite
    900 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Such a sad story :( hoepfully some truth can come out.
    I just enter and forget...hoping to win something! :)
  • edited 12 September 2015 at 8:34PM
    RevRev Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 September 2015 at 8:34PM
    noelphobic wrote: »
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/nethertons-total-dogs-owner-lawrence-10038900

This is where things stand now. All kinds of horrific details have come to light.

I can't believe it. That's 5 minutes from me.

A friend of mine left her dog with him last year for a week and when the dog came home she was extremely agitated and started scavenging for food. Thankfully the vet check was okay and she settled down after a few weeks back him but she now absolutely shocked and feeling incredibly lucky.

I was just reading about his on Facebook as there is a page dedicated to getting justice for Gizmo, Alfie, Fin and any other dogs caused harm by him.

As soon as I read it I thought about this post and came to see if there was an update. Can't believe it's the same place.

I'd followed Gizmo's story as I often share Dogs lost liverpools post.

I hope your friend gets to to bottom of what happened
    Sigless
  • jrtfanjrtfan Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I know you can't say any more at the moment with investigations ongoing but will you come back here to tell us what the outcome was, please, once it's alright for you to do so? It would be good to know how this ends for your friend, and for any other owners involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Martin's debt costs masterclass

Eg, balance transfer up to 35 mths at 0%

MSE News

£80 GHD Original IV Styler

Via MSE Blagged code (norm £109)

MSE Deals