Tax credit calculators for new budget 2016/17

Options

Comments

• Alice312
    Alice312 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    ericax wrote: »
    I am also extremely worried about the situation next April.

I am a single mother with a child going into school in September.
    I currently work 21 hours with an annual income of £9480.

I sadly have been left with huge debts from my ex-partner, and live off £125 a month for food etc.

From what I can gather I'm going to lose around £1400 a year - so over £100 a month. How can I survive off less than £25 a month?

I have looked into working full time hours, spoken to benefit advisors, and I will actually be even worse off, as I would have to pay for breakfast clubs, after school clubs, holiday care.

All my benefits would be taken off me practically and I would have to pay for childcare on top of this too.

How is this making work pay :(

This is a Tory government for you, they're not making work pay as such, but they are making you work harder for your money. Going back to how it used to be really.
    Blondebubbles is right, if you upped your hours you'd get wtc for childcare and would be better off with your own money rather than tax credits.
    I'll be looking to up my hours when I finish my maternity leave and my youngest will only be 6 months, but it's either that or live a miserable skint existence :(
  • sxcizme3010
    sxcizme3010 Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Can anybody help me. Iv looked online and cant find out any figures. Me and my husband work I work 10 hours he works 45 we have a combined salary of 22500. I have 2 kids 2&3 - does anybody know how much I will lose roughly?
  • Alice312
    Options
    Hi, Can anybody help me. Iv looked online and cant find out any figures. Me and my husband work I work 10 hours he works 45 we have a combined salary of 22500. I have 2 kids 2&3 - does anybody know how much I will lose roughly?

Your new award would be about £2030 a year, blondebubbles would need to confirm that for me though to make sure I did work it out correctly
  • Alice312
    Options
    I got £1933 so not far off.

Done it as £22300, oops! Yeah I got £1933 a second time :)
  • PeterMackin
    Options
    Hi there,

This is so confusing. I earn £32000 and have four children. I currently receive £5800 in child tax per year. What is this likely to change to?
  • moomoomama27
    moomoomama27 Posts: 3,823 Forumite
    Options
    Surely the only people this CTC changes are hitting are mainly the couples/parent who work?!

People out of work won't lose nearly as much as those in work thanks to the taper?! How can this be making work pay?

I'm all for people working for their families rather than making a career choice to claim benefits as a sole income, but the wrong people are being targeted!

This is the first year that we are truly self sufficient and have been able to end our claims to everything. Thank goodness looking at all this, it's diabolical, and a few years ago we would not have been able to make ends meet!
  • Cathy321
    Options
    Have just read this thread and cant believe it. I didnt even know this was happening!

My husband works full time and earns 22000 a year approx. I get carers allowance (around 3000 a year) as my eldest child is autistic. I have 2 children.

We get the disability element and severe disability element of tax credits.

Have tried to work this out and it looks as though we wont get any tax credits...is this right?

Thanks xx
  • merlin68
    merlin68 Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Options
    If someone has an income of £15000, 6 kids one on high rate dla, how much would they loose please. Not me for a relative.
  • birdstation
    Options
    Can anybody help work out what were going to lose next year when the cuts come in, Will it be from April 16?

5 children
    1-18yr old at college
    2-under 2
    2 severly disabled
    My wife and I are carers for our two disabled children, We claim carers,dla and income support would anybody be able to advise what we'll lose.

Many Thanks for any help.
  • Cathy321
    Cathy321 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 30 July 2015 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Thanks blondebubbles - for some reason I cant work out how to thank you on your actual post.

I give up..How is Joe public meant to work out these things?!

Have just finished a course backed by the Government as a level 3 teaching assistant so
    I am hoping to get a job in a preschool or a school so I can be here for when my sons come home from school and not have to depend on tax credits.
    My oldest is severely autistic and has massive meltdowns and headbutts, kicks and smacks etc, My husband works shiftsand they arent family friendly and as he is full time we dont want to rock the boat. I cant ask family to look after him and childcare couldnt cope with him especially with other children there. Im the only one so I need a job which fits around him.

This isnt as easy though is it in the real world?

I am thankful for what help we get as I know there are many worse off than us.

I hope everyone gets together to stop these massive changes before its too late. The change is too much all at once.

xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport