We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

External 250GB hard drive £23.86 from Dell

1…1011131516…59

Comments

  • BertRoot
    BertRoot Posts: 39 Forumite
    The fact there is no movement yet bothers me but I only ordered one as that is all I need. I missed the Western Digitals in Asda as our Asda is too small so was really just looking for something to fill a gap for some extra storage.

    I won't cry if I don't get one but will have to wait and see. You never know.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well not there now! - shame would have treat DS
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • Spoke to Dell this morning and they have said there has been a technical fault and I won't be receiving the item for 23.00 but she would put me through to Sales where I could order it at the new price of around £100.

    I declined.
  • Mr_Mister
    Mr_Mister Posts: 447 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    jaymac wrote: »
    Well, when they did the misprice desktop system at £184 a couple of years ago they honoured the confirmed orders...I certainly got mine so have faith!

    Yes I got my PC then also. Didnt expect to get the PC which was showing at £184 and should have been around £400. The funny thing is, I got a call from Dell after placing the order and I was expecting for them to confirm the price was a mistake, but i laughed when they said they I had not included a mouse on my order and they would give me a complimentary one free ! :rotfl:

    So fingers crossed on this one. I have yet to receive a cancellation email.
  • i suspect someone in dell is thinking what to do on this...
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    i suspect someone in dell is thinking what to do on this...

    Apparently ( read elsewhere ) they are going to make a decision in the next couple of hours.

    Time will tell.
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    I am hoping that US-based companies are better than their UK counterparts in honoring their listed prices. They on the whole have better customer care and are more reputable.
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • zobby
    zobby Posts: 12 Forumite
    The tension is killing me - will we? Won't we?
    something missing
  • Odd_Fellow
    Odd_Fellow Posts: 529 Forumite
    I ordered 4 and notice that 2.66 is tracked in Quidco and marked as validated....
  • BertRoot
    BertRoot Posts: 39 Forumite
    All down to volumes is my guess. I wouldn't have thought they will honour massive multiple orders though.

    The sensible move on Dells part would be to reject all as I am sure these are no longer in production by Iomega.

    Time will tell but look on the worst possible outcome and possibly be pleasantly surprised.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.