Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• AdamBrunt
    Options
    just keep an eye out on the official site, thats where this information is usually posted first. Feb half term next year isn't, as far as I'm aware, shared with any other major European school holidays, so the closing time for the Studios park is likely to be 6pm, main park 7pm (maybe 6pm) midweek that week. EMH will more than likely follow the January pattern, so if its every day in January, it will be every day in February too. EMH is 8am to 10am in the main park (the Studios doesn't open for EMH).

Thanks.
    I'd say No - midweek in February will be quiet enough that you will be able to ride all the rides which are open in EMH (its only about 8 rides out of the whole park) with either fastpass or first thing at 10am, or in the last hour of the park day. The Kyriad is closer and more convenient than the L'Elysee.

Thanks again. The decision would have been based on how busy the park was.

Also the other half is keen to stay somewhere which does breakfast so it looks like its going to Kyriad.

Thanks to the Sun, about £250 for 2 nights and 3 days @ DLP inc travel during February half term for 2 adults and 2 kids :T
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AdamBrunt wrote: »
    Thanks.

Thanks again. The decision would have been based on how busy the park was.

Also the other half is keen to stay somewhere which does breakfast so it looks like its going to Kyriad.

Thanks to the Sun, about £250 for 2 nights and 3 days @ DLP inc travel during February half term for 2 adults and 2 kids :T

wow :T have you booked your Disney tickets yet ? as half term will be popular
  • AdamBrunt
    Options
    All the days are still available .... 3 day trips (via the Sun) @ £30 per day, 2 nights @ Kyriad £130 and then either (a) £30ish for a ferry from Calais to Dover on the Wednesday or (b) 'free' Eurotunnel return via Tesco reward vouchers
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    AdamBrunt wrote: »
    All the days are still available .... 3 day trips (via the Sun) @ £30 per day, 2 nights @ Kyriad £130 and then either (a) £30ish for a ferry from Calais to Dover on the Wednesday or (b) 'free' Eurotunnel return via Tesco reward vouchers
    doncha just love a bargain :)

i'm not getting such a bargain this time as we are flying for the first time,but still a good deal

I definitely prefer Eurotunnel to the ferry! so easy and no travel sickness lol
  • AdamBrunt
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    doncha just love a bargain :)

Oh yes :D

Hopefully Pirates of the Caribbean will be open this time - my 5yr old son was gutted when it was closed last time. Mind you after some of the rides he went on at our last holiday - maybe it'll be too tame for him and I'll have to take him on the Aerosmith rollercoaster and Armageddon instead ;)
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    I definitely prefer Eurotunnel to the ferry! so easy and no travel sickness lol

Still working on the Eurotunnel part - my OH finds the tunnel a tad claustrophobic and prefers the ferry.
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    went on Aerosmith for the first time this yr ,eek! i kept my eyes shut the entire time lol !
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    vicki+1 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what were the very quiet times you have been, i am thinking about booking for next year and am deciding when to go :D

Early to mid January.

It's VERY cold and it pays to check which rides will be closed for maintenance, but there is no queues for anything.

The longest we have queued was the parachute ride in Toy Story land - we had to wait 15 minutes for that once.

Other times we just stayed on - we had three rides worth by staying on one day.
  • vicki+1
    vicki+1 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    Early to mid January.

It's VERY cold and it pays to check which rides will be closed for maintenance, but there is no queues for anything.

The longest we have queued was the parachute ride in Toy Story land - we had to wait 15 minutes for that once.

Other times we just stayed on - we had three rides worth by staying on one day.[/QUOTE

Was that midweek or weekend ?
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    vicki+1 wrote: »
    bestpud wrote: »
    Early to mid January.

Other times we just stayed on - we had three rides worth by staying on one day.[/QUOTE

Was that midweek or weekend ?

The 15 minute queue was on a Friday.

Other times all midweek.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Vicki if it helps, my quietest trips to DLP have been in November midweek (and avoiding the 11th, as thats a French public holiday). I was there midweek 2 weeks ago, I was there in mid-November one year, around the 17th, and I have also been there midweek at the very beginning of December. All were very quiet, walk-ons for most rides, especially at 10am and an hour or so before the parks closed. We were on the Parachute Drop ride 3 times in a row at 10am 2 weeks ago :).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure