Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jap200 wrote: »
    We are holidaying in the South of France in the summer and will be making the most of our passes by having a two-night stop-over on the way.

We have booked a wood cabin in this brand new campsite:
    http://www.yellohvillage.com/en/paris/home/paris-campsite_17200_45.html

We have stayed on other campsites with this company - always in their cabins/mobile homes and they have always been exceptionally high quality. The great thing with this site is that you can book any number of nights (not just multiples of 7) that most campsites make you do in high season.

I hope this helps someone

oooh that site looks lovely ! Hope you have a lovely time
    :)
  • wannaberich41
    Options
    im looking to take my family here this year and was wondering if anyone can advise a good site to go through to book or get a quote. looking to go by eurostar and stay in one of the disney hotels.
    your help would be very much appreciated.
    Things will get better day by day.
  • ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i flew with flybe (owned by BA) and we had free transfers to the hotel on the bus
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    im looking to take my family here this year and was wondering if anyone can advise a good site to go through to book or get a quote. looking to go by eurostar and stay in one of the disney hotels.
    your help would be very much appreciated.

Seriously, book it all yourself, The Eurostar can only be booked 4 months in advance and book the hotel via the DLP website as mentioned. Cresta/Leger quoted me £1200 and I paid just over £600 and it was for the same trip - same dates, same hotel and same train. So check out the date you want to go on the website as some dates are cheaper than others (it tells you when the cheap dates are) wait for the dates for the train to be released and then book your hotel at the same time. Weekends are always busy - best days we have found are Mon-Weds, it starts getting busy on Thursday and you have to queue for the rides, on Mon - Weds you tend to be able to get straight on but avoid all the French/German bank/school holidays as it is rammed and you'll get on about 3 rides all day and have to fight for space. I hate it being busy so we go at quiet times. Best time to go is just after the French bank/school holidays as everyone has been and then will be back at school/work and it gets fairly quiet again.
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    yes as said above, the do check bags, but not for food. in the US they remove all food/drink from your bags, so you are forced to buy theirs

Flea

In the US they do not remove all or any food and drink from you bag, howeverr, they may remove any items they think are unsafe, such as glass bottles.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    I think that you need to use common sense, I think it would be the same in Paris as well that they would remove any glass bottles because of saftey. I definately saw people with picnic bags though and they weren't confiscated. In the hotels over in the US you tend to get fridges so you can store the food and drink but in Paris we never had a fridge so it is hard to keep the food cool - we even had to go to reception and hire a kettle in Sequoia Lodge. Pack a jar of coffee or tea bags though, you can buy longlife milk but you don't get coffee sachets in your room in Disney and it can get expensive to keep on buying cups of coffee or tea.
  • tigertiger_3
    Options
    Hello, thought I would share a good price .....

2 adults 1 child pick ups throughout south wales
    depart 28 feb ( early hours), 3 nights at Cheyenne leaving after lunch, inc B&B

£538
    http://booking.edwardscoaches.co.uk/TourDescription.aspx?ID=74

Also doing a 2 night trip on 29th feb for £418

hope that helps someone
    £900 towards next holiday...ta very much Mr T x
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Amys wrote: »
    In the US they do not remove all or any food and drink from you bag, howeverr, they may remove any items they think are unsafe, such as glass bottles.
    That's what I thought. I don't even remember any bag checking last time we went (Autumn 05) not at Disney. They did check bags at Universal though.
  • tashamarie70
    Options
    what was there reaction? , my dad wants to take my 2 year old with them to disney andim worried ill miss out on that secial moment but we can afford to go
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes I took my niece when she was 2 as I had won a holiday to DLP. It would have been a waste of money if I had paid for it. She was more interested in the pool at the hotel than she was with anything at the park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure