Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• sam1970
    sam1970 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We have not been to Disneyland Paris since 2010 (Got stuck there with volcanic ash saga) so a return is well overdue especially we have an addition to the family (He is 3 now). As it has been a while, I am not familiar with the prices and deals nowadays. What is the best way to book a short break, let's say 4 nights?. Shall I book flights separate from the hotel? or are there sites which sell good packages? I will appreciate help and advice
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    sam1970 wrote: »
    We have not been to Disneyland Paris since 2010 (Got stuck there with volcanic ash saga) so a return is well overdue especially we have an addition to the family (He is 3 now). As it has been a while, I am not familiar with the prices and deals nowadays. What is the best way to book a short break, let's say 4 nights?. Shall I book flights separate from the hotel? or are there sites which sell good packages? I will appreciate help and advice

if you want 4 nights, and you want to be onsite, you're better booking direct with Disney when they have a 2-night free deal. I always book my travel separately.
    But there are loads more options too, you could stay offsite but nearby, and buy park tickets or annual passes separately too. If you think offsite would be better for you, start with Trivago for Disneyland Paris and see what comes up.

Generally speaking, if you can avoid French school holidays, and weekends, the crowd levels shouldn't be too bad in the parks.
  • hibs72
    hibs72 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    We are visiting France beginning of April and staying in a Eurocamp as was looking for tickets for visiting Disneyland for one day does anyone know where to get discounted tickets or is it just the same price as going directly to Disneyland Paris website.

thanks in advance
  • balletshoes
    Options
    hibs72 wrote: »
    Hi
    We are visiting France beginning of April and staying in a Eurocamp as was looking for tickets for visiting Disneyland for one day does anyone know where to get discounted tickets or is it just the same price as going directly to Disneyland Paris website.

thanks in advance

if you can specify a particular date for your one-day visit, you can buy tickets in advance on the French version of the DLP site, and because you're specifying a particular date for use, you can get it cheaper than buying it on the day at the park.

https://www.booktickets.disneylandparis.com/tnsa64/live/shop/1idf/MAINIDFCD/pluto/index.php?vld=1&affid=SECUTIX&tduid=32454335543R
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Don't suppose you know what offer is likely to follow the current 30% and free meal plan, do you, Balletshoes? Looking at September.
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • balletshoes
    Options
    Don't suppose you know what offer is likely to follow the current 30% and free meal plan, do you, Balletshoes? Looking at September.

nope not a clue :rotfl: - what kind of deal would suit you?
  • notanewuser
    Options
    Not sure. Current offer is £917 for 5 days/4 nights (Mon-Fri) at DCR with free (hotel?) half board meal plan. (2 adults, 2 6 year olds.)

I'm a shareholder so not really bothered about the meal plan. Cheapest price for the accommodation. Say around £650?
  • balletshoes
    Options
    Not sure. Current offer is £917 for 5 days/4 nights (Mon-Fri) at DCR with free (hotel?) half board meal plan. (2 adults, 2 6 year olds.)

I'm a shareholder so not really bothered about the meal plan. Cheapest price for the accommodation. Say around £650?

2 nights free will be better for you guys then, as you have under-7s anyway and they are always free onsite. I'd imagine there will be another 2-nights free deal to come at some point before September (that was the deal before this current one).

Or a 40% off deal on maybe the French site, that might get you close to the price you want to pay.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi. If any of you are worried about carrying a large amount of euros around. I got a pre-pay fairfx card. I think I had over £1000 in euros put on it as I booked the holiday through their phone system but using the french sites offer.

The payment went through no problems. I also used it in Rainforest Cafe, the Mc'donalds, Planet Hollywood the shops etc all without no problems. They also have an app on your phone you can use to top the card up while away which I thought was quite good as I could keep a tighter reign on what I was spending and wouldn't have the hassle of changing euros back to English pound. Even if you do have a few pound left over you can use the card in the shops here etc anyway. However for that there is a small conversion fee.

They have good reviews on trustpilot.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.fairfx.com

If you have any questions please ask away.
  • notanewuser
    Options
    2 nights free will be better for you guys then, as you have under-7s anyway and they are always free onsite. I'd imagine there will be another 2-nights free deal to come at some point before September (that was the deal before this current one).

Or a 40% off deal on maybe the French site, that might get you close to the price you want to pay.

We went for the current offer with the meal plan. Figured we'd need a 60% discount on the rack rate to make it worth doing something else, and as we like the buffets we may as well have the vouchers. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport