MSE News: EE customer? Get a 'free' £20 power bar portable mobile charger

in Phones & TV
48 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• It seems like a good idea. I picked mine up, took approximately 2 mins. "Hi, I'd like to collect a power bar".

"Certainly madam, do you have your code". "Here's you bar. Bye".

Will be useful in an emergency.

No sales talk, no anything.
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    welshhelen wrote: »
    It seems like a good idea. I picked mine up, took approximately 2 mins. "Hi, I'd like to collect a power bar".

"Certainly madam, do you have your code". "Here's you bar. Bye".

Will be useful in an emergency.

No sales talk, no anything.

I have had the same today, i picked mine up and was in and out in minutes, no trying to flog anything else either.
    MFW # 105
    2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12

2021 Target £2000 / 1,506.82 OP as at July

Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £27,917.54
  • dodgydave69dodgydave69 Forumite
    70 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think its an excellent offer. I've got 2 of the Power Bar's during 2 separate visits to the same shop and not once did anyone attempt to sell me anything or even ask me anything apart from asking me for the txt code. Thanks EE.
  • PincherPincher
    6.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not used the power bar since trying it out initially. Good for emergencies, one of these days.

Just got a new message for the Wuaki.TV EE Film Club. The £1 movie "Offer Period" is March to December 2015! Not even a full year!
  • vikkiekayevikkiekaye Forumite
    14 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Scientomology, how on earth is this a ploy? I think that's extremely negative. Surely it's a marketing strategy that no one else is offering and it's working... because we're talking about it. Isn't that a good enough reason? If there were any selling involved, just say no. And secondly (and more importantly), the stores have been far too busy to deal with upselling from what I've seen and experienced. My only bugbear on the offer is that their shops have not had the staffing to cope with customers and I hate waiting ages, but know it would eat in to their profits, particularly wasting more on freebies.

My 2nd attempt of queuing (got bored the first time and left 20 mins in), I got my power bar, no questions asked and I left within seconds. They don't have time to upsell with queues of people leading out the door.

But also, if I was giving something out for free, I think the staff should be allowed to ask if their customers want a new contract. If I don't want to buy something, I say no.
  • What about the 'con' that I texted EE on the 24th (at 35p for the text) but have still received no code? :mad:
    :coffee:
  • I'm sure they didnt take any details or the code that I was sent
  • vikkiekayevikkiekaye Forumite
    14 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What about the 'con' that I texted EE on the 24th (at 35p for the text) but have still received no code? :mad:

I would definitely demand my code for that!! lol (that's if you have a contract with them of course)
  • you don't get charged 35p to text them. you get charged 35p for the text they send you back with the code to collect your Powerbar!!
  • cplattencplatten Forumite
    47 Posts
    mra1984 wrote: »
    :mad:Well it was a con for me. Did the text 3 times, didn't Work so that cost me a Pound.

called them up, said there was issue and that I would get my text code a few days later...got nothing.

So thanks MSE: basically cost me a Pound and a hour or so of wasted time!

Well, I texted many days ago and have heard nothing more either! But I will not pay any more money to EE! I shall ring them for free or email them. But it does seem they cannot keep up with the demand.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides