in Phones & TV
48 replies 10.1K views

Replies

• SilkSilk Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    HantsHog wrote: »
    MSE Helen this is what caused my confusion. I am an EE broadband customer with my EE landline. However according to EE, its for EE mobile customers only. As Matt Hawkins says can't really blame EE for this - its reasonable enough, but I do feel your statement is misleading and should be further clarified for dolts like me :-) .... and judging by earlier posts I wasn't the only broadband landline customer so easily confused.
    Thanks
    No it says in the T&C's it's for Broadband customers too .....
    1.3 To obtain a Power Bar, text POWER to 365 if you’re a mobile customer or if you’re a broadband customer text JOIN plus your EE landline number
    It's not just about the money
  • HantsHogHantsHog Forumite
    6 Posts
    Silk wrote: »
    No it says in the T&C's it's for Broadband customers too .....

Thanks Silk but since the EE operator I spoke to maintains its just for mobile customers and when I text they don't recognise my EE landline number; by broadband they must mean mobile broadband as in a dongle etc.

Or Silk, have you successfully obtained a code as an EE Landline-Broadband only customer?

Perhaps MSE Helen you can confirm this (one way or the other) please?, save on a lot of unnecessary charged for texts and callcentre calls.

Thanks
  • SilkSilk Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    HantsHog wrote: »
    Thanks Silk but since the EE operator I spoke to maintains its just for mobile customers
    The best thing to do is phone back the operator and refer them to their own T&C's for the offer. It clearly states ...
    1.3 To obtain a Power Bar, text POWER to 365 if you’re a mobile customer or if you’re a broadband customer text JOIN plus your EE landline number
    It's not just about the money
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    25.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went in with MrsM. The queue was out the door and only 2 staff. They were giving the full sales pitch to each customer and she got grumpy when I said we did not want any of the offers so need not bother. I thought I was doing her and everyone else behind us a favour.
  • Emma_D_2Emma_D_2 Forumite
    93 Posts
    Just been for the power bar. No queue, seen to straight away. Tried to sell me their broadband and an increase in data allowance for my mobile but said no to both and had no problems. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Very pleased :j
  • naylormnaylorm Forumite
    2 Posts
    I got a power bar collected in store on 24th April, they try and sell you stuff when collecting your bar, I fell for their dodgy tactics and though I was buying a mobile wifi device (Osprey) that retails in Currys for £9.99 on a rolling 1 month contract, however I was sold one to use my existing data (20GB) which in the words of the sales assistant 'on sale today half price at £5, they also sold be a Buzzard also on sale at £5, only to find out when I left the store that this was £5 per month each, at no point did they advise I was signing upto a contract, nor were the charges £5 each per month, words that would have stopped me going ahead with the deal of the Week, I contacted the store who refused to cancel my order and refund me, so the lying cheating manipulating staff at EE are shameless into trying to cheat people into paying a bigger monthly fee, I will hardly use these devices as my iPhone has a personal hotspot but at a Fiver each I though that's not bad, I have even written to head office to complain and not even had a reply. So my Advice is - Get the power bar it works well and has a little LED torch but don't let them throw good offers at you its a con and then when you try and cancel within 14 days which I thought was statutory they said you signed the paperwork and came up with absolute pathetic excuses no customer service, no loyalty to a 20 year customer of orange, I thought I was signing for the sim cards they gave me to share my current data plan. If you want an Osprey go to Currys not EE.
  • I got a code for me, my sister and also my mum who has an ancient pushbutton Nokia on Orange PAYG which wouldn't be able to use Power Bar but I wanted a spare.
    No queue lunchtime today ( small Notts town with hard up population!). As mentioned the salesman made some offers ( explains why the offer is collection in store) one if which I'm actually likely to take. Unlimited broadband for 12 months, plus landline rental and free weekend calls. Total cost £171 upfront with nothing to oay monthly except any calls I make (we mainly use mobiles). Plus an extra 10GB of mobile data each month for one of the mobiles at the address. As I'm just out of contract with Plusnet this was very timely and I can't see anything cheaper.
    Thanks MSE! :T
  • MulkeyMulkey Forumite
    1 Post
    Got Martin's email Wednesday.
    Texted for mobile on Thurs. Texted for Broadband/Landline on Friday.
    Got codes for both, and collected two units on Friday.
    No problems for me - worked fine.
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience different to most...walked in the store on the 24th at lunchtime, no queue and no upsell, in and out in less than a minute
  • While we've previously warned that the power bar is a hire agreement, some people are worried the deal is a 'con'...
    Read the full story:

'Is the free EE power bar a con?'

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides