Comments

• RS2000.
    RS2000. Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Is he calling a landline or mobile?
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    If it's a mobile then you can (probably) get an app to block such calls (e.g. withheld numbers).

If it's a landline then you can get phones with Truecall technology which will also block such calls. (We used to get plagued with nuisance, sales calls. Since we bought a BT8500 set not a single one has got through. Caller ID is a prerequisite, but if you're seeing it is a withheld number then you must already have it).
  • cinzano
    cinzano Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    It is my husbands mobile number that he will have got from the photograph of his van he is ringing. Although he doesn't necessarily know its 'his' number. Its not really an option to block withheld numbers as my OH runs a 24hr recovery business.
  • RS2000.
    RS2000. Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    cinzano wrote: »
    It is my husbands mobile number that he will have got from the photograph of his van he is ringing. Although he doesn't necessarily know its 'his' number. Its not really an option to block withheld numbers as my OH runs a 24hr recovery business.

In that case is he contacts his service provider they'll get the withheld number and supply it to the police.
  • cinzano
    cinzano Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that. I didn't realise you could identify a withheld number I will get on to service provider
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    What course of action would you suggest he have taken?

Seriously.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family