Can't log in?

Options

Comments

• chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I too can't log in on my computer (but can on my mobile), since yesterday afternoon. I tried both IE and chrome, same negative result with both.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • sidefx
    sidefx Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Possible some of the newer spam blocking measure MSE are supposed to be putting in place are seeing something about your login attempts they don't like and are blocking it? Maybe based on your location/IP or something?

More likely a more general glitch I think, because as said Chrome users were having a similar problem with the main login but not in threads a few weeks ago. Fix for that could have broken something else. Perhaps.

Very odd though.....

It is odd!

I've been out for a few hours and just tried logging in using the red log in tab, but to no avail. I had to click the post reply tab and log in through that method again (as per earlier post).

Really really odd!
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Options
    sidefx wrote: »
    I had to click the post reply tab and log in through that method again (as per earlier post).

Ah! At last, I'm in!

I've had intermittent problems ever since the site layout changed. But now I can't get in at all from the main login screen. I've tried using a clean Firefox or Chrome profile (on Windows 7). Clicking the "login" button has no effect.
  • sidefx
    sidefx Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    Ah! At last, I'm in!

I've had intermittent problems ever since the site layout changed. But now I can't get in at all from the main login screen. I've tried using a clean Firefox or Chrome profile (on Windows 7). Clicking the "login" button has no effect.

Congratulations :D

You've made me feel better knowing it's not just me!
  • esuhl
    edited 20 June 2015 at 1:33PM
    Options
    sidefx wrote: »
    Congratulations :D

You've made me feel better knowing it's not just me!

Happy to help! :D

I just tried again under GNU/Linux, and a clean Chrome profile gets me in just fine... but again the login button doesn't work in Firefox.

EDIT: Oh, hang on -- I tried again in Chrome (having cleared cookies and cream... I mean cache) and it doesn't work now. :-/

I vote we scrap the new layout and return to the old one! :money:
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Same here for the past few days, been scratching about trying to get in.

Did the quick reply method and have finally got in.

Hope the tech guys are working on this as its most frustrating.

PS Firefox 38.0.5
    Not working on MY test!
  • ScarletBea
    ScarletBea Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm on Chrome, also worked only on the 'quick reply'
    Being brave is going after your dreams head on
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    can I suggest that if you get the login page up, tick the box to remember details so that if it works, you stay logged in on that machine.

It was what I did when I had trouble logging in on my tablet and once I got it, I no longer have to find the login page again.
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I seem to have two goggle pages one has ads at the top of the page and web sites are in a difference order.
    The other page has no ads at the top and old style web sites
    Strange ?
  • esuhl
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    can I suggest that if you get the login page up, tick the box to remember details so that if it works, you stay logged in on that machine.

It was what I did when I had trouble logging in on my tablet and once I got it, I no longer have to find the login page again.

I prefer to have cookies deleted when I close the browser, so alas I have to keep fiddling around to get in to this site. :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure