PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 15th June 2015

Options

Comments

• funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 June 2015 at 7:29PM
    Options
    Hi all x

I've spent most of the day in the garden weeding and tidying. It's looking quite good now still a couple of bits to do but I'm nearly there. No flying indoors done apart from 2 loads of washing that I flung on the line.

Ended up going in to work for a couple of hours as the play area had to be closed as one littlie had the diers all over the place. I allowed the other two staff to carry on cleaning the play area while I blitzed the cafe kitchen. (I know I'm generous to a fault);)

Just about to feed the minions then I'm going for a soak in the bath.
    Huge list for me tomorrow!
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all,

Due to the fact I have had no paid stuff today due to sicky children, I have completed the list today:T:T:T
    pigpen if it's any consolation, I also hate my kitchen. Although I have finished the list, it is still horrible as it is half building site. There is a half built fireplace, a hole in the ceiling, the whole thing needs painting but there is no point because it will all be ripped out soon (ish). Also it is the room that you come into first, so everything gets dumped on the table/worktop and it only ever stays tidy for about three minutes.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry to offload on here but F@ck, just had a phone call from OH, he's just had an email to say the company are making redundancie$..... B@gger, seriously screwed if he lost his job as there would be so many people in the same boat he'd not be able to get another job!!!! Don't know what to do. They haven't even said how many or when! They've just left everyone hanging!!! I could cry.
  • Biscuit_monster
    Biscuit_monster Posts: 717 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2015 at 7:38PM
    Options
    Oooh I also mowed the lawn, did two loads of washing, looked after the sick ones and cooked a nice meal. And spent some quality time with the dd's colouring.
    Paid stuff really gets in the way.

Oooh sorry missy, just saw your post. That's terrible, hopefully his job will be ok. It is terrible they leave everyone worrying about something so massive xx
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    Options
    ((Hugs))) missymoo. Hope everything turns out all right for your OH.

So far today I have spent 2x 2.5 hours travelling, 45 min on the train starting to write a report, 45 minutes relaxing over lunch with DS2, 5.5 hours cleaning his house from top to bottom as the removals men vacated each room in turn, about 30 min on the phone to various people, and 45 min cooking tea and eating with DH. I reckon there's about 2.5 hours left before I fall asleep, and I'm not going to do much except sit and watch TV.

Glad to hear you are resting properly, CY.
  • funfairprincess
    funfairprincess Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    So sorry to offload on here but F@ck, just had a phone call from OH, he's just had an email to say the company are making redundancie$..... B@gger, seriously screwed if he lost his job as there would be so many people in the same boat he'd not be able to get another job!!!! Don't know what to do. They haven't even said how many or when! They've just left everyone hanging!!! I could cry.

I know your pain. My OH has been made redundant twice in the last 10 years and the job that he is in now are looking at possible redundancies within the next year. The last time he was made redundant my youngest was only a baby. it is tough but you get by, you learn to cut your cloth to suit your budget. Being on here is great there are loads of boards to discuss things you come up against in tough times. Try not to stress too much until you know for sure. I know that's easy for me to say but worry never solves anything. Hoping everything turns out well for you xx
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Dusty and Lw you have no idea how much it helps. This was always going to be a tough time as DS is no longer officially a child and yet still needs so much help to move towards adulthood, and whatever that means for him. It hurts to see other kids his age leaving school and moving on.

Anyhow I do feel better, and no point dwelling.

Have done the kitchen, sorted some washing, been to the gym and cleared some paperwork. Ready for bed now. Tomorrow is another day!
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh and missy, sorry that was selfish of me. Hope it's not bad news for your OH. Thankfully it's not something we have had to deal with but I can imagine how you must feel. Keep us posted.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Happy Monday: Kitchen
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Remove floor gubbins.[/STRIKE] Yes, you, that pile over by the door. Does it live there? I think not!
    [STRIKE]Now do the same with the unnecessary worktop clutter![/STRIKE] There you go! Well done!
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Give the work tops and cupboard fronts your attention[/STRIKE] (with a cloth, don't flutter your eyelashes at them )
    [STRIKE]Shine your sink[/STRIKE], flylady basics
    [STRIKE]Splash backs and greasy tiles[/STRIKE]? Yep, swishy there too!
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Pop the bin and doormat outside, then sweep[/STRIKE] and mop your floor
    [STRIKE]Wipe over the small appliances [/STRIKE]
    Extras:
    [STRIKE]Wipe over your big appliances[/STRIKE]
    5 minutes of decluttering cookbook shelves
    [STRIKE]Wipe inside of fridge[/STRIKE]

Phew! I am pooped! Managed everything except mopping and my 5 mins of bookshelf decluttering. It was just as well I decided to wipe in the fridge as the recesses under the veg draws were flooded with water. Don't know where that came from!

5 minute sit down then on to making dinner.

Ooh have you checked to see if the drain hole on the back of the fridge is blocked. If necessary get a skewer and give it a wiggle, otherwise it will keep happening.

Right, I am off!!
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the nice thoughts and hugs, just trying to get my head around it. Sorry, I know a lot of you are going through a lot worse at the momen x

On a brighter note, my friend came over today with her 2 children. So I spent 2.5 hours after dropping Roo off, running around like a crazy person. I picked the shopping up and put it all away, hoovered and washed the floors, loaded and unloaded thr DW, cleaned the downstairs loo, tidied up thousands of toys, cleaned the cooker, fridge, work tops and table top and hoovered the sofa! Not too bad, the house did look, almost presentable by the time I finished.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure