PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 15th June 2015

Options

Comments

• kimberley_kemp
    Options
    hi i am new and i am in just cleanied my kitchen cuboards (they are white) grotty as hell lol. need to hoover upstairs though as it looks like somone had a fight with some polysterine out of the boxes that contained my dds wardrobe. i have checked smoke alarms (working fine) i have 4 baking trays and yes i ned and use them all lol 7 of us in our house lol shing my sink is harder than it seems as its a belfast sink and gets mucky quick looks like i will need to bleach it! wm on #1 will hang that out and put it on again also need to write a shopping list for this week all while entertaining my 4 year old and my 11 week old (supermum lol)
  • mummyroysof3
    mummyroysof3 Posts: 4,566 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, kitchen will have to wait as today's focus is getting hall stairs and landing ready for decorator coming for 3 days. Cleaning woodwork down and I realised I do not know when it was last done oops. Still fed up but think things between me and hubby are a bit better just don't know what back lash from his mother will be as yet. Hope everyone ok x
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a Belfast sink too.. I fill it right to the top with bleachy water.. wipe down all my units and surfaces and appliances and table and everything .. then use the water to mop the floor and then empty sink and swish round it with clean water to rinse my cleaning cloths.. one sparkling sink!

Laundry all out.. 2 more loads in.. I need to clear a worksurface and I don't want to.. I hate clearing it!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    Am I allowed to hate my kitchen for a bit?

It is NEVER ever ever tidy.. it is just constantly full of laundry and dirty dishes and I am pretty much at my wits end with it.. I don't want to clean it, I don't even want to go in there, it is so cluttered it is making me want to cry...

and my head is ranting about the age old name issue after digging out Squeaks hospital appointment letter for tomorrow..

This my lovely OH is why you do not leave me home alone.. my head goes into overdrive, over thinking the whole being alive thing and I fall to pieces...

I need a slap... I can swap for spoons!
  • justD_2
    justD_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in again, let's see if i can do level 1. That would be an achievement. Floors were cleared last night, about to tackle worktops. Any ideas for keeping them clear of stuff, everytime i clear them within a few days it all creeps back.
    And hi musogirl295, flying with a passenger is hard work!
    Taking one day at a time....I'll get there in the end
  • pigpen
    Options
    Worktop of doom partially uncovered .. it is a disgrace my kitchen.

DW emptied and remaining dirty stuff chucked in.
    Last bits of laundry hidden in machines.
    One pile upstairs ready to go away.. 3 more on the table
    Chazzer bag filled..
    2 carriers of rubbish filled .. and 4 filled with recycling.
    Potatoes sorted and manky ones binned.. others put in hopper.

I'm really fed up now.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome aboard, new and returning Flyers.:hello:

CY nice to "see" you; and glad you are just waving from the sidelines.;)

FBO Congrats and Hoppy Birdday.:bdaycake:
    I am feeling a bit down at the minute. I bumped into an old friend yesterday and that didnt help. It made me realise how much my life has changed since DS has become ill.
    (((HUGS))) You are totally entitled to feel sad that illness has made changes to your life that you'd never have chosen. I feel the same. I do hope things improve for your DS; neither of you deserve all this stress. x
    pigpen wrote: »
    I need a slap... I can swap for spoons!
    You're on! *SLAP*
    Now can I have the promised spoons, please?:D

Kitchen is more-or-less done, just need to s&s the sink again.:cool:
    I do need to do the Dys0n Tango, though, so I need the spoons for that.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    Options
    *throws spoons at LW*
  • kimberley_kemp
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    I have a Belfast sink too.. I fill it right to the top with bleachy water.. wipe down all my units and surfaces and appliances and table and everything .. then use the water to mop the floor and then empty sink and swish round it with clean water to rinse my cleaning cloths.. one sparkling sink!

Laundry all out.. 2 more loads in.. I need to clear a worksurface and I don't want to.. I hate clearing it!
    thank u i will have to try that xx
  • musogirl295
    musogirl295 Posts: 945 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Monday: Kitchen
    Level 1
    [STRIKE]Remove floor gubbins.[/STRIKE] Yes, you, that pile over by the door. Does it live there? I think not!
    [STRIKE]Now do the same with the unnecessary worktop clutter![/STRIKE] There you go! Well done!
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Give the work tops and cupboard fronts your attention[/STRIKE] (with a cloth, don't flutter your eyelashes at them )
    [STRIKE]Shine your sink[/STRIKE], flylady basics
    [STRIKE]Splash backs and greasy tiles[/STRIKE]? Yep, swishy there too!
    Level 3
    [STRIKE]Pop the bin and doormat outside, then sweep[/STRIKE] and mop your floor
    [STRIKE]Wipe over the small appliances [/STRIKE]
    Extras:
    [STRIKE]Wipe over your big appliances[/STRIKE]
    5 minutes of decluttering cookbook shelves
    [STRIKE]Wipe inside of fridge[/STRIKE]

Phew! I am pooped! Managed everything except mopping and my 5 mins of bookshelf decluttering. It was just as well I decided to wipe in the fridge as the recesses under the veg draws were flooded with water. Don't know where that came from!

5 minute sit down then on to making dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure