Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,408 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds just right to me :)
    Well done to Little Miss :)
    My DS graduates next week & starts Masters in Sept~~how did that happen :eek: :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aww Lou you're so lovely. It's scary how fast the time flies.

Well the rainy day fund is living up to it's name. It never rains but it pours in my life. Just when something good happens, something bad happens just to balance it out. Although good things are rare, the bad happens much more easily. I had to make an appointment with the dentist (I have dental phobia). It's a problem tooth/filling that he's been keeping an eye on but it needs looked at right away now. Not sure how much this will seem me back but at least I have the extra funds there. Just annoyed that of it had happened a few days earlier I wouldn't have made such a big payment to the loan.

Wish me luck :(
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • beanielou
    Options
    Positive vibes your way.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• girlatplay
    Options
    I need a crown *sobs* £330! *bawls* There's no other way of saving it (it's been ongoing for years) and if it doesn't work (5% chance it might not) I'll need the part of the plant that is in the soil + what a barge travels along *faints*
    300 282 payments to go.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no :( I would sob too! :o not much support am I :o
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh dear. Not so good :(

• girlatplay
    Options
    Ladies, your support is wonderful, whatever form it takes. Sympathy works too haha.

Now that I've come round and got over the shock I've realised that there are another 2 paydays before the first appointment and I've already got the rainy day fund which I planned to add to from those paydays so actually, it won't be quite as difficult as I thought. Still not good but doable without too much damage. Just praying that everything else goes smoothly.

Got a letter from CSA today saying the ex has stopped working and has signed on so I'll be receiving the princely sum of £1.67 per week for me to feed and clothe our child and keep a roof over her head. She has a larger income than him because she gets off her backside every weekend and works for it. Pretty sure he'll be working every weekend too, albeit unofficially. It's a bit of a joke that if she earns over a certain amount she'll be paying tax which will go towards his benefit so effectively she's paying maintenance for him. In the meantime I'm spoiled for choice of what to do with that money. I'll try not to spend it all in one shop!

To finish on a bright note, I have a lovely family and I love them so much :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • beanielou
    Options
    OOOh a whole £1.67.
    Dont spend it all in one shop :eek: :mad:

• girlatplay
    Options
    Another month, another payday.

Loan balance: £6,480
    Mortgage balance: £89,680

Put a bit more away to the rainy day fund ready for the crown :(

Some careful meal planning required this month. We're only 3 days in and I'm ruining it already :(:(

Oh well, at least the sun is shining :)
    300 282 payments to go.
  • girlatplay
    Options
    Well I managed to screw the figures up a tiny bit. I had the loan balance at an odd number. I miscalculated by £3. I know how I did it; I counted the £3 twice so the loan balance was at £6477. No likey so I paid over the £7 to even it out. £6470 now. Sig updated accordingly.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :)
    300 282 payments to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts