Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow, lots of veggies and fruit growing then, bexster.  I did have strawberries at one point, they take over, and did try
    brussel sprouts once, not that I like them but they grow upwards, worked a treat.  Look forward to the photos.
    Spent the day painting mums back fence and side of shed as DN coming today to finish it off side fences and shed.
    When I got home, neighbour came to door with flowers as I had helped clear their slabs at the back.
    Today have loads to do, will not get all done, but will see how I get on, really want to be outside as weather looks lovely, once again, actually caught the sun two days in a row.
    Work is tomorrow and next day, and still can hear a few sirens going, I wonder . . .
    Heard all the clapping and cheering, car toots, and ambulances siren on, siren off, as a nod to the Nhs staff, as the Nhs 24 is also very near me, so all the staff must have been out.  Strange, but tears well up when I hear and watch it all.
    Now to get ready for PO and @ldi's then can start the work I have in mind.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I had asked that very question about deferring pension, only because it was right on the cusp of the end/beginning of the new tax year, only they couldn't say when it would be paid, they did say should have been with me in 10 working days, but that was not going to happen, as they sent the papers out to me after the date I was meant to have them back to them (Grrr) (?) 
    They said if deferring, it would have to be deferred for a year.
    Although not 10 days since papers returned, I am still checking my bank account daily.  (I can hope).
    Anxious times for me  :(
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 24 April 2020 at 8:54AM
    Options
    My friends are all using this one to make masks. I have been sent it in an email but I can't bring myself to fight with my sewing machine again yet. Made a couple of cotton bags and it was war, with the thing needing a proper clean, service and oil, and all the tension things need adjusting
    SL - have just had a look, looks good and easy.
    However, and this is just a personal thing, I'm really a bit unsure about the fabric (cotton), then again, we have paper !!! I'm thinking more like a plastic/oiled tablecloth fabric, then again I have covid pts inches away from me at times.  :(
    My sewing machine is (dare I say) around 45 years old and just had to buy a new pressure foot for it (thank you eb@y)
    and is now working again perfectly.  Yes, I now sound like my granny did, -  They don't make them like they used to  :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    Options
    My friends are all using this one to make masks. I have been sent it in an email but I can't bring myself to fight with my sewing machine again yet. Made a couple of cotton bags and it was war, with the thing needing a proper clean, service and oil, and all the tension things need adjusting
    SL - have just had a look, looks good and easy.
    However, and this is just a personal thing, I'm really a bit unsure about the fabric (cotton), then again, we have paper !!! I'm thinking more like a plastic/oiled tablecloth fabric, then again I have covid pts inches away from me at times.  :(
    My sewing machine is (dare I say) around 45 years old and just had to buy a new pressure foot for it (thank you eb@y)
    and is now working again perfectly.  Yes, I now sound like my granny did, -  They don't make them like they used to  :)
    Re fabric, I was planning to use some of the old Gents handkerchiefs I had in a box - it means I can wash them on hot after they have been worn and they are really to protect others from me unless I have a filter. I read this link on the same site re filters. When I asked DH about a polypropylene filter he suggested the weed suppressant membrane we use - it is a heavy duty german fabric that lets rain through (after a while) but I'm not sure if it is treated with any toxic weed suppressant chemicals so won't be going for that!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    Options
    I think I have turned into my grandfather, by the way  :/
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    SL, looks like I'm not the only one, wondering about the fabric, lots of comments posted about it on there.  Thanks.
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hello AFK

How lovely of your neighbour to bring flowers. Hope PO and Aldiees were OK this morning. I had a click and collect A$DA order this morning. They are very good, and refunds for unacceptable subs is great. I am not at all sure about the fabric I might use. Honestly, as I think I have had the dreaded lurgy several weeks ago, it is more in case they insist we wear masks when we leave the house. I am vey pleased with the plants so far. I treated myself to a new zero gravity sun lounger off argos last sunday, and it is heaven. I have been listening to audiobooks, and classic fm whilst i read ebooks, both free from the library. I have a bit more work at the minute, but am still being careful with spends. As it is my birthday next month, I am selecting some nice treats for kind friends and family to buy for me when they as what I would like. I have lily of the valley and honeysuckle readying themselves to bloom too. I am very happy that I already enjoy a pretty simple life, I am trying to embrace the extra time, rather than worrying about money.

Hope you eventually get all your jobs done, and stay safe at work.

Bexster  :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Well bexster, I too wasn't worried about money, either, until I looked at my bank account online today as still waiting on pot to reach bank account, so done my check this morning as didn't check yesterday (I live in hope), only to find (Oh, holy sh*t) that my salary hasn't hit the bank account either (eeek) WT* !!!!  Surely "someone" pressed the "send" button, although wouldn't surprise me, if not.  Guess what I'm doing as soon as managers are in work and bank opens.
    Well, so far today has not got off to a good start  :(
    Its also been raining, and I wanted to paint my shed today, and yesterday I took the plunge and removed the couch covers sprayed them with cleaning foam and threw them in the washing machine, although had to go in one at a time as they are so big and heavy.  Looks like they turned out a treat so wanted to do the rest of them today as well, not sure they would dry though.  Hopefully will clear up.
    ps, just remembered my bank set up a "special" hotline for us workers 24/7, will maybe give that a call.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Disaster averted, I have been working too much !!!!
    Either in my mums garden or neighbours or mine, then working at my job, then food shop for me and my mum, things are starting to tell on me - and there was me thinking - ah, a nice break with lockdown !!!
    Today is Wednesday - Tomorrow is Thursday, which is payday and @ldi's special offers, which I nearly set off to buy this morning before finding out I've gained a day  :)
    Oh well, I'm sure it's happened to us all at some time, (I hope) !!! :#
    I'm going to enjoy my extra day before I go back to work, hope you all have a lovely day.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feeling your anguish and understandable that the days are merging. I'm certain things will work out with the whole pension situation. 
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure