Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £200 is definitely a decent saving and it’s progress for her so well done you. Can you gently push her in the right direction for next year?
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 January 2018 at 7:54AM
    Options
    £200 is definitely a decent saving and it’s progress for her so well done you. Can you gently push her in the right direction for next year?

I'll try again throughout the year. They are so not MSE'ers. She tells me what she pays for utilities, and I think OMG :eek: I can help you :) save, save, save.

Another quick glance at my balance (mortgage that is) and is ending in 829.22, already paid the 9.22 so it's off with the 2 now. Giving me 00.00 at the end.

£20.00 knotty o/p made :)

Oh, and 4 parcels to be posted today :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Well they have reduced my monthly mortgage payments, nice of them to do that:eek: as I am no longer in a deal. So now I need to o/p double my actual mortgage payment to keep on target :)

Looks like MB may just have another visit from me :eek:

The weather here is gorgeous, a white winter wonderland, and I'm hoping it stays that way as I hate the wet slush.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Remember the friend I mentioned that "managed" to save £200 on her insurance - well she only went and washed her DH's jacket with his new phone in the pocket :doh:

He is none too pleased :mad: It's sitting in a dish covered in rice atm, and if that doesn't do the trick, its bye bye £200 as excess :(
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Morning all, weather still bad here, with ice under the snow then iced up overnight again, some lucky ones got away from work early last night.

I am running out of basics but could be inventive and love pottering about in the house/kitchen when weather bad - would be nice to have a big pot of soup on, and maybe even get round to another MB.

Bed changed, Washing on, and just parcelling up 3 items that sold, then onto ironing.

Have booked a week off at the beginning of Feb :j

Patiently waiting for pay day to arrive on Thurs, and with MFi3 totals due in 2 days before, I'll be robbing Peter to pay Paul for 2 days :cool: That mortgage figure is coming down . . . :D

Enjoy your weekend.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Great progress with the mortgage AFK, enjoy the pottering.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Thank you ETE.

Nice productive morning, and just having lunch before starting again.

Had some money given to me for Xmas and have decided to splash out on new bedding I have seen, just need to wait till they get my size in, and I want a nice new pen, nothing too fancy but one that I will know is mine.
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ouch to the fiend washing other half’s mobile phone!! Hope it was rescued ok!

Sounds like you’ve had a productive day already, enjoy Pottering around :) x
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Too much time on my hands for the moment :D so been playing about with the calculator for fun, decided to see what I would be paying a month if I left the term at the original date Feb 2030.

Monthly mortgage payment would be £111.04 :) if rates stayed the same, of course.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Enjoyed my day yesterday, pottering and doing some odd jobs that tend to get left on the back burner for another day that never arrives.

Had the usual quick meal out last night for catch up with DB and mum.

After a beautiful sunny day yesterday, they said rain today :( to wash away all the snow that didn't melt yesterday (which was practically none) but just looked out and could have sworn I saw snowflakes, so had to investigate and - yes, its snowing again :j

Looks like another day in, which I am actually quite pleased about, may just make some tablet, or lemon coconut slices, or maybe even a clootie dumpling, as I have all the ingredients in, hmmm, the thought of it.

Washing that was done yesterday is now ironed and ready to put away, will then tackle other jobs waiting for me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure