The Elite and the 24 hour #glitch people :)

Options

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    SavvyI did read your reply on the other thread but can't quote as its closed.

....yes I know there's a way for clever people to do it :p

I dispute that you're not intuitive or instinctive. By recognising that it's even an issue.....you are. You just may be more 'normal' than you think in some respects. To be intuitive and instinctive is as normal as to doubt those 'instincts' is :p I'll leave the psychology there for tonight.

The time has come to find an alternative to haircut night :( the stress levels in here tonight have made me understand how wars are started :eek: :o OH has gone away minus 2 layers of skin :o I've lost a days application of waterproof mascara and poor, poor DS2 is just saying he wishes he'd never looked in the mirror and saw that curl :(:o........he's very conscious since the bullying incident that if anything makes him stand out, it might be picked up on so the haircut was at his request.

Oh my, if there's not a charity out there that helps with things that are deemed so trivial....there should be! Autistic friendly barbers and hairdressers? It's the future :D

FC, I had a quick Google and there seems to be a lot of advice out there. (You have probably already looked but I thought it worth mentioning.) Feel very much for all of you.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did thanks. Been skim reading on here to try and catch up with the changes. I see the 11+ working well still :)

You ok?

Yes if you buy the correct things, i didnt :o
    I am fine thanks :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 June 2015 at 10:02PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Evening paw sniffers:D

Thanks for the new thread Henlans:T

I see savvy has started populating:eek:

Don't be on about me 'populating' - as if I'm creating children or something:rotfl:.

I notice I have three posts this time - I'm not being greedy btw, but merely that the list, on the last amendment, was threatening to overflow into a further post:eek: - the list, it's HUGE!!:rotfl::eek::eek:

In fact it did have to have a separate 'overflow' last time, until I deleted some stuff - perhaps I ought not to waffle on so much:rotfl:!

Oops, I now have four posts on the thread:o:o.

Perhaps I ought to add the Cookies n "Dream" - their word, to try to tempt us to buy it, no doubt, by suggesting they are something nicer than any ordinary ice cream products - to the list - I did have them at £1.12 in M but... :rotfl:I felt that was too high:eek: in the light of Cornetto Classicos RTC'd at 50p and I also felt the Cookie ones were risky as I felt they were too new so I expected an N/A although it's not a complete surprise to see them comparing. Yet we see items that are apparently new comparing straight away vs M and others seem to take ages before they ever appear. Although I ought to know systems like this, in truth - sadly I've no idea why some take such time and others don't since it isn't logical at all to me! And some, it seems, e.g. 400g strawberries immediately appear on the new APG but, with weight change, don't on the old APG - so, again, why one but not the other? Totally illogical, to my mind. (Such a change in weights may happen every other week with fresh fruit and the like as new pack sizes come in, then go, then they change the packs again - in fact weren't the BPBV Strawberries at £2.49 900g a few weeks ago but only 700g last Wednesday?:think:.)

Cornetto "Peanut Butter Love" is also £1.12 in M (as at last Wednesday), fwiw, although I haven't seen a confirmation that it is comparing.

Myself, I nearly went (in desperation as little good to get large differences on the APG) for a Cornetto on an M comparison - or one of those Magnum Pistachios vs T - APG that that contributes should be about £2:T - that is a nice help and especially as high individual price (£3.34) in A reaches high value voucher amounts of spend in little time(:( - so little else that I can buy, without massively overshooting my spend, as everything so expensive in A:rotfl:) - but then I thought about how much fat and nasties like sugar these sorts of products in effect are and how 'any old' (and much cheaper) ice cream would probably be much the same anyway - why spend expensive £1.50-10%? 50p ones in M earlier (now well long gone) took me away from them, and really, we don't need things like this, they are just tempting items that aren't really that good for us and we can live without. So I am doing:rotfl:.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am having an early night. Goodnight all.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Extra Large Pineapple - 5+ Pack Oranges - 4+ Pack Nectarines 69p @ Tesco from tomorrow
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/extra-large-pineapple-5-pack-oranges-4-pack-nectarines-69p-tesco-from-tomorrow-2221946
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    Options
    Hi bubbs. :)

Oh dear. Is it the sensory aspect of having his hair cut, or something else? If it was his request i thought that would have made things easier, but clearly not. Sorry its been so stressful. :(

No spot on LS, it's a sensory thing. He has always claimed to feel great pain when having his hair cut, and his finger nails :( something I really never understood until I went on a sensory perception course to understand what it's all about.

His request comes from the bullying stuff at school :( until then he was very unaware that other kids find him 'different' which was quite frankly lovely. It meant he didn't try to be different to avoid it. The bullying has stopped since the incident where they made the bullies sit down with me :eek: but (and it might be his age as well) he is very self aware at the moment.

The truth is he looks totally goofy :o in the cutest way....to me anyway. And he moves awkwardly because of his physical problems and it's a really sad time for me that he's become aware of it. If it wasn't this it would have been something else. He's spending a lot of time looking in mirrors lately and really 'seeing' himself.

....growing up :( it's emotional stuff :o

And yes...E.....I'm recording it :p
  • henlans
    henlans Posts: 3,013 Forumite
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Am having an early night. Goodnight all.

Me too.. night :)
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    No spot on LS, it's a sensory thing. He has always claimed to feel great pain when having his hair cut, and his finger nails :( something I really never understood until I went on a sensory perception course to understand what it's all about.

His request comes from the bullying stuff at school :( until then he was very unaware that other kids find him 'different' which was quite frankly lovely. It meant he didn't try to be different to avoid it. The bullying has stopped since the incident where they made the bullies sit down with me :eek: but (and it might be his age as well) he is very self aware at the moment.

The truth is he looks totally goofy :o in the cutest way....to me anyway. And he moves awkwardly because of his physical problems and it's a really sad time for me that he's become aware of it. If it wasn't this it would have been something else. He's spending a lot of time looking in mirrors lately and really 'seeing' himself.

....growing up :( it's emotional stuff :o

And yes...E.....I'm recording it :p

But with a wonderful mum like you he will get through this next step of his life. :A
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread henlans, may it bring plenty of glitches and laughs along the way:)
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2015 at 10:37PM
    Options
    SavvyI did read your reply on the other thread but can't quote as its closed.

[A]....yes I know there's a way for clever people to do it :p

I dispute that you're not intuitive or instinctive. By recognising that it's even an issue.....you are. You just may be more 'normal' than you think in some respects. To be intuitive and instinctive is as normal as to doubt those 'instincts' is :p I'll leave the psychology there for tonight.

The time has come to find an alternative to haircut night :( the stress levels in here tonight have made me understand how wars are started :eek: :o OH has gone away minus 2 layers of skin :o I've lost a days application of waterproof mascara and poor, poor DS2 is just saying he wishes he'd never looked in the mirror and saw that curl :(:o........he's very conscious since the bullying incident that if anything makes him stand out, it might be picked up on so the haircut was at his request.

Oh my, if there's not a charity out there that helps with things that are deemed so trivial....there should be! Autistic friendly barbers and hairdressers? It's the future :D

[A] It's just taken me somewhat longer to copy my M list onto here now the old thread was already closed. Only thankful that the forums are no longer timing out so quickly like they were before - I could never have done it even as I did but it would have been even more to go back and check all the crossings out that needed putting back in... Anyway...

It used to be that my parents would get me to do a clear-out every six months or so, as obviously it used to be their house that was affected (even putting things inside draws so that nothing could be seen was sometimes not good enough for them:eek:). Now that I live in my own house, I did think a couple of weeks ago about maybe I ought to just chuck the lot as it just piling up and then the bit of procrastination about it kicked in. But, yes, I recognise it - and the whole lot has gone now! Still have some folders of lots of work from my postgrad. degree from a decade ago lying in the room:rotfl:. Perhaps they should be next!

I am on the very mild end, and therefore, in fact, I am quite normal. So, perhaps I'm not more normal than I think after all but, instead, indeed, the opposite - I'm as normal as I think I am! You don't know how normal I think I am. When I told someone I had Asperger's, they said a couple of things to me - firstly they told me "We know." (well, thanks for not telling me for decades whilst you've known me:rotfl:) and, secondly, "You're not that bad." And, no, I'm not. I have got Asperger's - although actually I found my diagnosis was of "autism spectrum disorder" despite the person who diagnosed me, when they spoke to me, told me it was "Asperger's"! I am quite normal really and function quite well. But I do have subtle putting things off and things like that. It doesn't take over three and a half decades to diagnosis someone unless they don't have an obvious problem! Although, on the other hand, the scale that I scored, as a percentage of the highest possible scale for autism, is probably a little higher than how "mild" I am. And, in areas, it's not "mild" at all but very very severe. If you have a deficit in being unable to read all but the most obvious body language, then that blindness is severe and not a mild thing at all!

Fwiw, I reckon another member of my family is on the autism spectrum. I also reckon my father has ADHD although, as something not really diagnosed until the 1980s, you can tell that, in adults, it will be very subtle indeed as they will have learnt to mask it. My mum was quite shy, although I do not believe had autism. I reckon the combination is where my Asperger's came from - although I also had a difficult birth and there's possibilities there for speculation. My other member of the family, we found out that they'd written one line in a medical on one occasion that just said they had Asperger's (no formal assessment process or anything but apparently that is that!:eek:) - for the record I do not think they have Asperger's but I think they have pervasive development disorder not otherwise specified, so, whilst they're wrong about my autism as it is not autism but Asperger's (and they told me, face to face, it was Asperger's but said one thing then wrote another:rotfl:) they're also wrong about my relative which someone wrote has Asperger's but in fact it's PD-NOS! Ask a person with Asperger's - they'll know the more technical and accurate description than the medical profession does:rotfl:.

Okay - I'm not a doctor... but... yes, sometimes I do know more than the doctors actually!:rotfl::rotfl: (After all, the only difference is that they have gone through all the courses and taken the time to sit and pass the exams (or as many exams, to a satisfactory level, as they were required to pass) - it's possible for anyone, as long as they study a topic in depth, to be "expert" in it - they don't need to have formal qualifications to say that they are - I could be an undiagnosed expert:rotfl: (or an unqualified expert). I'm not suggesting anyone can 'be their own doctor' - such is dangerous to ignore medical advice - but merely that some people, perhaps Asperger's person, can have some knowledge in some things sometimes. Just as others are much more knowledgeable than me, in the 'ways of the world' maybe! And you don't have to have Asperger's to be a good doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure