The Elite and the 24 hour #glitch people :)

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 June 2015 at 12:04AM
    Options
    fairclaire wrote: »
    No spot on LS, it's a sensory thing. He has always claimed to feel great pain when having his hair cut, and his finger nails :( something I really never understood until I went on a sensory perception course to understand what it's all about.

His request comes from the bullying stuff at school :( until then he was very unaware that other kids find him 'different' which was quite frankly lovely. It meant he didn't try to be different to avoid it. The bullying has stopped since the incident where they made the bullies sit down with me :eek: but (and it might be his age as well) he is very self aware at the moment.

The truth is he looks totally goofy :o in the cutest way....to me anyway. And he moves awkwardly because of his physical problems and it's a really sad time for me that he's become aware of it. If it wasn't this it would have been something else. He's spending a lot of time looking in mirrors lately and really 'seeing' himself.

....growing up :( it's emotional stuff :o

And yes...E.....I'm recording it :p

I don't really have those problems (again sorry to be completely useless to yourself) - the only sensory I really have is sometimes being unable to work with background music - I didn't realise that was an autistic thing as well but apparently it is - when a person with autism walks into a room, they see and hear almost everything!

Although this isn't really how I experience the world, this video helps me to understand how it may be for some people with autism:

There is a video on this page - it wasn't actually the video I was trying to find but will do (the one I am after is one the National Autistic Society has posted on Youtube where the guy who is autistic (you can tell he is can't you?) gets onto the bus and when people press the bell to indicate to the driver they want the next stop, it chimes out very loudly indeed, people's dogs come across as loud snoring noises etc...).
    http://www.autism.org.uk/living-with-autism/understanding-behaviour/the-sensory-world-of-autism.aspx

Anyway, that will do, I've got to go as have to be somewhere earlier now today:eek::rotfl::wave:.
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought this was interesting, shame it didn't include the UDI's LOL!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33040348

LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    Woke early to find a nice new thread :Tand another beautiful day :)
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thought this was interesting, shame it didn't include the UDI's LOL!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33040348

LL
    Yes was mentioned earlier by someone else, then I said it could be something that someone had subbed for the UDI's so good to put it here.

Morning all :wave:
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning and thanks for the new thread Henlans
  • streetlights
    streetlights Posts: 3,577 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everybody, I hope you are well and have a fabulous Monday.

Happy shopping.
    Mortgage debt 45,000. Thank you all for your help so far in helping me save to buy the house. I could not have done this without all your help.
  • emmita
    emmita Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Elite!

Shattered again. Can't get up in the mornings.
    MFW 2013 #146 Target £6000
    Sealed pot challenge 6 member #1663 / £167.76
    Sealed pot challenge 5 member #1663 / £153.19
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all

I'm the new girl today :o

I have to have a stupid photo taken for ID and my hair is truly playing silly !!!!!!s :o:o

But the sun is shining!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Great to find a new thread thank you.

I am determined to glitch shop this month, can anyone tell me what thr return is on the mullers, and what shop it is against.

Thanks

Claire x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure