What small change do you want from the new government?

Options

Comments

• B_Miller
    Options
    A law should be passed that ALLl new houses should have solar panels installed making them cheaper to run. In addition all government building should have solar panels installed
  • discountdora
    Options
    Save the NHS money , and doctors precious time by stopping simple items like paracetamol on prescription , you can buy them for a few pence yet it costs the NHS £8.05 total waste of the tax payers money
  • bratt9328
    bratt9328 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Introduce legislation which holds parents/legal carers criminally liable for the criminal actions of a child under 16yrs old. This would essentially force parents to take an active interest in the childs actions, cut crime and save millions.
  • Katy1982
    Options
    Means Test Council Tenants
    Council housing should be made available to those that really need it. There's too many tenants who's circumstances have improved and now have a home for life with cheap rent.
  • LeksiP
    LeksiP Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Stop % pay Rises
    Instead of increasing pay by a percentage, split the cost of a %increase to a company evenly among the employees affected (pro rata if applicable) to narrow the gap between best and worst paid. % increases keep widening the gap and reward those who are already most comfortable more!
  • chris1975
    chris1975 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 June 2015 at 9:18AM
    Options
    [Text removed by MSE Forum Team] reduce immigration. More support for people with mental health issues, rather than reducing the help they can get.
  • mrsval
    mrsval Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I want landlords to be stopped receiving free government help. If they can afford to buy a house then they should afford their own replacement/repairs. All other mortgage held homeowners have to pay to repair or replace their own boilers/roofs/insulation etc. Give to those most in need only.
  • mrsval
    Options
    But these jobs are already being completed by others either part time or full time and these workers are paying taxes and national insurance. While you think your ideas are good they would in fact put vast amounts of tax paying people out of work
  • mrsval
    Options
    mameha, your ideas just wouldn't work. why would people go to work for £4 an hour? Other people are already doing these jobs and paying tax and national insurance. Lets not forget there are people unemployed totally unintentionally. It would be not only demoralising but patronising these people. Not all unemployed people are !!!!less. 6 of my friends have just been made redundant they are devastated for the first time in their lives they are having to sign unemployed. So please think before you paint everyone with the same brush. If Mr Cameron carries through these cuts I too will find myself unemployed for the first time since I was 14 years old but too old for anyone to want me.:(
  • Maureen_Davison
    Options
    Stop immigrants getting family allowances/benefits for their children back home who are not residing in this country.
    They can probably live a life of comparative luxury on these payments, relative to the cost of living back home in their own country.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure