AutoAid Car Breakdown Discussion

Options

Comments

• RL11
    RL11 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So Autoaid chose the wrong companies to organise the trucks. They will learn from that - as will the companies that sent the trucks. I hope you fed back to them what problems occurred? They got your husband home in the end and sorted you out twice before. Now you're not prepared to fork out a whole £40 next year! What makes you think the AA or RAC or Greenflag etc won't make a mistake next time you breakdown? Though three call-outs in four years?! Not sure I'd want to insure you.
  • Sheffield_Fox
    Options
    AutoAid has a ridiculous policy. If you are not married, or in a civil partnerhip, you can't take out a joint policy. So even though me and my partner ahve a family, joint own a house, etc, AutoAid insist on us paying twice. What rubbish!

And the didn't even reply to me when I questioned their approach.
  • mark13
    mark13 Posts: 367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 December 2016 at 11:01PM
    Options
    Have you managed to get an answer. I too saw the newsletter saying it was no longer pay and reclaim , though there website still says it is pay & claim . which is it

UPDATE: Spoke with Autoaid and it is no longer pay and claim. The website has yet to be updated.
    Win Dec 2009 - In the Night Garden DVD : Nov 2010 - Paultons Park Tickets :
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    mark13 wrote: »
    Have you managed to get an answer. I too saw the newsletter saying it was no longer pay and reclaim , though there website still says it is pay & claim . which is it

OH had the misfortune to call them out last week.

Great work as per normal but no paperwork to return and claim.

Great step forward for an already decent service.
  • MightyBurd
    Options
    Autoaid seem to want to make their own rules up as they go along to avoid paying for what you insured yourself against, basically a breakdown and recovery.
    I have never been told so much BS by anyone over the phone before as much as this lousy company. They are attempting to contest my legitimate claim for recovery after my car took a turn for the worst during a rainy storm. 1st they said my insurance hadn't been activated, this is even though I had an email from them showing valid dates. Next they accused me of having a faulty car prior to signing up. My car is a well maintained MPV with no dicrepencies on its MOT.
    Basically I told them I wouldn't take their BS when I have an email from them with all relevent documentation and dates and if they want to be funny about it I will gladly go to court and watch them lose. If your looking for a reliable breakdown cover that doesn't give you a un-needed amount of stress go with one of the bigger firms because AutoAid are terribly unfriendly.
  • AnotherSteve
    Options
    Joined online 3 weeks ago (on MSE recommendation) unable to get any confirmation of cover from them, even following chase up phone call, so as far as I know, they have just stolen my £42.
  • AnotherSteve
    Options
    Joined online 3 weeks ago (on MSE recommendation) unable to get any confirmation of cover from them, even following chase up phone call, so as far as I know, they have just stolen my £42.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

So what did they say on the phone call?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options

Don't think generally people have been recommending AutoAid since RCIB took them over. I changed to RAC using Tesco vouchers which is a cheap way to do it if you have them.
  • AnotherSteve
    Options
    Paid on 30.11.16 via AutoAid breakdown website by Visa. £42 taken immediately, no confirmation sent (including junk mail). Phoned five days later and after repeating all my details, promised email & letter. Nothing has been received.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback