Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• JTanko
    Options

Very Poor Service!

Very poor service!!! Recovery request and scenario:
    -customer calls AutoAid @17:15 to book a recovery
    -text confirmation received from AutoAidBrCo that recovery shall be with the customer by 18:09
    -18:06 another text received from BreakdownCo that recovery shall be with the customer by 19:25
    -19:40 call received from AutoAid to enquire about the recovery and when customer questions what recovery since nobody turned up yet, agent "looks into it" and states a recovery should be with the customer by 20:00 hours.
    -20:21 customer calls AutoAid and cancels the recovery
    -20:27 recovery driver calls to advise that he should be at the scene in 10 minutes, at which point customer advises the driver that he is on his way home but will return and meet the recovery driver at the scene
    -20:46 customer calls AutoAid relates the communication had with recovery driver and ask for an update; agent tells customer after contacting the recovery company that they called the driver and cancelled
    This was my experience with AutoAid today! Supervisor called me @21:09 to resolve my "frustrations" as he put it! Recovery is booked in for tomorrow morning...
    You decide if this outfit deserves your business!

• orrery
    orrery Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My experience with them has been only good, but these more recent stories after the change of ownership seem to indicate that they are struggling. I'm not sure that I'll renew next year.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 February 2021 at 12:48PM
    Options
    JTanko said:

Very Poor Service!

Very poor service!!! Recovery request and scenario:
    -customer calls AutoAid @17:15 to book a recovery
    -text confirmation received from AutoAidBrCo that recovery shall be with the customer by 18:09
    -18:06 another text received from BreakdownCo that recovery shall be with the customer by 19:25
    -19:40 call received from AutoAid to enquire about the recovery and when customer questions what recovery since nobody turned up yet, agent "looks into it" and states a recovery should be with the customer by 20:00 hours.
    -20:21 customer calls AutoAid and cancels the recovery
    -20:27 recovery driver calls to advise that he should be at the scene in 10 minutes, at which point customer advises the driver that he is on his way home but will return and meet the recovery driver at the scene
    -20:46 customer calls AutoAid relates the communication had with recovery driver and ask for an update; agent tells customer after contacting the recovery company that they called the driver and cancelled
    This was my experience with AutoAid today! Supervisor called me @21:09 to resolve my "frustrations" as he put it! Recovery is booked in for tomorrow morning...
    You decide if this outfit deserves your business!

Was this a normal bright clear day or wind, rain, snow, floods etc if the latter breakdown companies do get a little stretched this time of year mainly by people driving around with batteries that are clearly knackered but think the car will start in minus 10 temperatures
  • orrery
    Options
    Was this a normal bright clear day or wind, rain, snow, floods etc if the latter breakdown companies do get a little stretched this time of year mainly by people driving around with batteries that are clearly knackered but think the car will start in minus 10 temperatures
    I certainly understand that, but it doesn't explain the poor communication and lack up updates, and it certainly looks like Autoaid are going down the pan as far as service is concerned.

4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • couriervanman
    Options
    orrery said:
    I certainly understand that, but it doesn't explain the poor communication and lack up updates, and it certainly looks like Autoaid are going down the pan as far as service is concerned.

But on an extremely horrible day when most of the country is under a blanket of snow or water there is never going to be enough breakdown trucks to cope with demand in an ever changing situation. Independent companies will be getting calls every 5 minutes for batteries/tyres etc and will be diverting vans/trucks all over the place to get as many people sorted as possible. On days like that it makes no difference whether your in AA/RAC/GREEN FLAG etc your going to have along wait and trying to relay messages back / forwards between 3 people is difficult
  • orrery
    Options
    But on an extremely horrible day ... and trying to relay messages back / forwards between 3 people is difficult
    I completely agree, but keeping the customer realistically informed to set expectations is where the game is - that is what distinguishes the good from the bad, and they need to be set up to deal with high demand. You don't need extra breakdown trucks to send a text message - temporary workers can do that from home.

• akira181
    akira181 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm looking for breakdown cover and was wondering if anyone have any more current feedback on AutoAid?
    Has their service diminished considerably in the last years or they still good?
  • RL11
    RL11 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been with them a few years now, only used twice and excellent both times. I don't think it really matters who you go with, as it depends on where and when you breakdown, as to how good your experience is going to be. Autoaid is cheapest for full coverage, so why pay more for other providers?
  • ScoobyZ
    ScoobyZ Posts: 487 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to call them today just to change details on my Autorenewal and change the card. I was worried that the price didn't increase as my car is 15 years old in Feb next year (4 months time) they said that as it was under 16 years old it was still the lower price. I'm a bit worried that it wont be covered if I have a breakdown after Feb next year (2024).
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ScoobyZ said:
    I had to call them today just to change details on my Autorenewal and change the card. I was worried that the price didn't increase as my car is 15 years old in Feb next year (4 months time) they said that as it was under 16 years old it was still the lower price. I'm a bit worried that it wont be covered if I have a breakdown after Feb next year (2024).
    Of course you'll be covered, your premium will increase at the next renewal.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback