PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Egg_Chaser_12
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    You are right with interest if you have a clear balance,i would have thought there would be no interest on this.

What I mean is that surely interest should not be added to PPI.
    scenario:
    If I had a balance of £1000.00
    the PPI is £ 30.00
    surely interest should only be charged on the £1000.00 not £1030.00. I don't think this is clear.
    The amount that I have paid PPI over the years would more than clear the full card ammount and some as I am sure most people are aware. This I believe is mis-sold on the both parts finacially and morally.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Has anyone had successes with online applications for CCs for PPI claims as I have two where I am still paying PPI and have realised that I'm not even eligible for most of the time I've had them as I was on fixed term contracts! I've had my Halifax one since September 2005 and my RBS one since 2008. I have some of the original paper work but not all. Will I be better paying a £1 for the Ts and Cs or getting SARs straight away? Also, do I pay £1 per terms and condition or £1 per bank as I am going to enquire about my current RBS loan too. I know that it is more difficult for online applications but I'm hoping for some success!
    Hope you can help!

Christina

Hi Christina

As long as you have the account number and know you were paying and mis sold ppi, try not to worry about the agreement so much, although you can request for this if you want to.

Just write and ask them to provide you with a copy of the agreement, give them the account number this applies to, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, and ask they comply to this by 12 days.

But otherwise continue to make a reclaim by completing the reclaim questionnaire as on step 3 below, make sure you keep a copy for yourself as well, send to their head office or complaints dept, allow 8 weeks, and they will write and let you know if they require more time.

Good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step3
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    ginger5092 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Just giving you an update

Have fought the Bank Of Scotland for over a year regarding mis-sold PPI on my credit card,bearing in mind that the Advisor told me at the bank " you probably wont get accepted for this card if you dont take this cover"

Wasnt easy,lots and lots of hassle and " dont want to know " from the people at this Establishment,but thought go for it alone and if it gets silly,send it to the Ombudsman

I recently posted that they had accepted that indeed, they were wrong and an offer was in the post.

From 2001 till 2007,the time that I had the card, I calculated that I had paid £2778 in PPI payments which was verified after I sent a SAR request.

Today I received a cheque for £7100.44

Not gloating people,what I am saying is fight,fight,fight

Dont forget,this is our money which they deceptively took and they are accountable for this so dont give up ,ever

Well done and Congratulations!:T:beer::j
  • di3004
    Options
    lou-28 wrote: »
    On Wednesday I contacted Satandar about an Alliance & Leicester loan I finished paying in 2006. I wasn't sure I paid a PPI but they confirmed I did so I complained on the grounds that I wasn't given an option to opt out and at the time I had enough savings to cover unemployment.

If successful I had no idea how much to expect as I don't have any paperwork on it but thought maybe £700-£800.

This morning I got a letter from them saying my complaint was being upheld and have offered me £2,037 so I have replied today accepting their offer.

That will pay off my two credit card debts so I'm really pleased.

I have also complained to Halifax for the PPI on our mortgage as we never signed up for it but I am feeling less confident. Even though I have written proof we never signed up for it because we had PPI with another insurance company we didn't realise this as we had no clue about the PPI's we were paying for and attempted to make a claim through Halifax in 2007 when my partner was made redundant.

We cancelled the claim a few days later though so never got a pay out but I'm worried that because we attempted to claim they might turn our complaint down.

What do you think?

Congratulations on you're success!:beer:

In regards of the mortgage ppi, as amersall says, it you post another thread (still within these reclaiming threads), title it something like Mortgage ppi help - and dunstonh or one of the others that help in this field will be able to advise, the best of luck.;)
  • station296
    station296 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Evening - anyone having success with Marbles? (Received the payouts from all my other applications) I submitted my complaint last November, and called and emailed since, yesterday they told me that they don't expect I will hear before the end of August deadline, and that my case hasn't even been started on! Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience - my card was opened in 2002, so I am not sure who it is owned by now.
    Thanks
  • di3004
    Options
    station296 wrote: »
    Evening - anyone having success with Marbles? (Received the payouts from all my other applications) I submitted my complaint last November, and called and emailed since, yesterday they told me that they don't expect I will hear before the end of August deadline, and that my case hasn't even been started on! Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience - my card was opened in 2002, so I am not sure who it is owned by now.
    Thanks

Hi there

First of all well done on all you're wins!:beer:

I believe there have been success via Marbles and my incline is if the case were to be rejected then they would have done so now, so hopefully this will mean good news for you, and soon too I hope, fingers crossed.;)
  • micky4921
    Options
    Have just initiated claim with MBNA with regard to PPI. This was done with a telephone call,(4 Departments), after lengthy conversation they said that it had been mis sold. Shocked that they admitted to this over the telephone. Am following this with Martyn's template letter. What is a reasonable time to expect to hear from them.
  • shar1234
    shar1234 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations - doesnt it feel good when you get it back!!!
    hearing success stories brightens my day, I keep my fingers crossed Barclays give me my money back....i will not give no matterwhat they say
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2011 at 9:02AM
    Options
    What I mean is that surely interest should not be added to PPI.
    scenario:
    If I had a balance of £1000.00
    the PPI is £ 30.00
    surely interest should only be charged on the £1000.00 not £1030.00. I don't think this is clear.
    The amount that I have paid PPI over the years would more than clear the full card ammount and some as I am sure most people are aware. This I believe is mis-sold on the both parts finacially and morally.

The interest charged would be on £1,000 this month.

If you pay the minimum payment, it is unlikely that very much would come of the balance, so the interest the following month would be based on £1,030, ie you would be paying the interest rate of the card on the balance + last month's PPI.

The following month's PPI would be 3% of the balance, so if you hadn't spent anything on the card, the PPI would be £30.90 that month.

And so on.

If that makes sense.
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
  • station296
    station296 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

First of all well done on all you're wins!:beer:

I believe there have been success via Marbles and my incline is if the case were to be rejected then they would have done so now, so hopefully this will mean good news for you, and soon too I hope, fingers crossed.;)

Thank you! Am hoping it is a good sign, and they are just taking their time as it's such a large number to write on the cheque! Well, I can dream! Though am resigned to not hearing for a couple of months more, that way I'll be even more surprised when the result does arrive! :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback