PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    offcumden wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from Natwest
    First call . We've been unable to find any loans with PPI on for your current address
    Only been there nine years can you check under old address please? this is the post code XX00 0XX
    I'll ring you back in ten minutes

Five minutes later
    Found one taken out Feb 1999, Cleared Feb 2004
    Did it have PPI , Yes , £1050 .
    Great, Any Employment details, phone number ? NO
    Great cos I was self-employed then and they didn't tell me they had put it on.
    You've got a case then I'll log it on the system then back date to when you reported it it take about 16 weeks , Ok Thats fine.
    Have you found any before , Sorry this system only allows me to back to 1999, I'd need to go onto another system.
    Could you go back to 1990 when I opened the account I'm pretty sure you'll find some more. Sure. And you'll let me know either way? Certainly:T:T Quick calc looks £1050 x 8%= £2094
    60X £21.12 M0nthly payments plus interest from 1999 =£2270 total
    £4364 ???:D:D:D

KEEP AT EM :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That is wonderful, wow great work here, Congratulations.
    :T:beer::j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    offcumden wrote: »
    Just got off the phone from Natwest
    First call . We've been unable to find any loans with PPI on for your current address
    Only been there nine years can you check under old address please? this is the post code XX00 0XX
    I'll ring you back in ten minutes

Five minutes later
    Found one taken out Feb 1999, Cleared Feb 2004
    Did it have PPI , Yes , £1050 .
    Great, Any Employment details, phone number ? NO
    Great cos I was self-employed then and they didn't tell me they had put it on.
    You've got a case then I'll log it on the system then back date to when you reported it it take about 16 weeks , Ok Thats fine.
    Have you found any before , Sorry this system only allows me to back to 1999, I'd need to go onto another system.
    Could you go back to 1990 when I opened the account I'm pretty sure you'll find some more. Sure. And you'll let me know either way? Certainly:T:T Quick calc looks £1050 x 8%= £2094
    60X £21.12 M0nthly payments plus interest from 1999 =£2270 total
    £4364 ???:D:D:D

KEEP AT EM :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:j:j:j:jWell done :beer::beer:
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Everyone

Hope you can help. I spoke to Barclays today , they said they sent my information to the FOS to calculate our refund. The lady could not tell me any information about my claim including how much PPI, we paid. Does this sound right that the FOS would calculate it and not Barclays themselves?

Thanks
  • amersall
    Options
    Hi Rebbeca,your is with FOS isnt it?,if so Barclays will not deal with you with this,they will have sent the redress to FOS to give to you.
    If yours is not with FOS,then i cannot think why they have passed it over for FOS to calculate????.
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Nanna that is wonderful news!:j:T, well done to you and Congratulations!:beer:
    Only glad to help, your very welcome x;)

OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!!:beer:xx
  • amersall
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    OMG!!!!!! Congratulations!!:beer:xx
    Have you calmed down yet? :D:D:D:D
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Hi Rebbeca,your is with FOS isnt it?,if so Barclays will not deal with you with this,they will have sent the redress to FOS to give to you.
    If yours is not with FOS,then i cannot think why they have passed it over for FOS to calculate????.

Thanks amersall, yes it was with the FOS. It was just that we recieved the letter direct from Barclays four weeks ago. So I thought they would work it out. That makes more sense now . So the FOS send a cheque and work it out? I didnt know that.
    Thanks again Amersall.
  • h0pusp0pus
    h0pusp0pus Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    nanna79 wrote: »
    Hi there

Mine was a credit card going back to 1999 ish... balance was £3000.

Nanna x :)

wow thats fantastic news well done it totaly bewilders me with how they work out these refunds i thought with a £11000 payout that your balance you borrowed would be alot higher? going by other peoples pay outs for instance with my mbna card i had a £5000 balance on it and took out the card in about 2004 but got only £1300 when going by what you were refunded shouldnt mine of been more like £5000?? it worries me that ive excepted my refund but it wasnt actualy what i paid out in ppi and ive only got a % of it back :S
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    You are very welcome x.

Hey guys....hubby rang FOS to enlighten them with our bad news yesterday & they cant find our complaint on file!! Aaaarrrggghhhh!! I have found it on my computer dated 5th may & thats when i sent it but they cant find it on the system!!:( However, the guy was nice & asked my hubby what had happened, he filled the guy in ( not literally, by the way!!ha) & he said we definatley had a claim & to re submit a form, also with all letters, correspondence etc and they would look at it...bit deflated as it's 9 weeks waisted, but at least now i have the chance to defiantly argue my case...will maybe need a bit of your expertise when filling it in!!:D xx
  • lisangry
    Options
    Hi this is my first time on here.
    I am having real trouble with Lifestyle Claims like others I have read on here.

I was getting no end of cold calls and after a lot of persuasion and a very appealing argument I agreed to sign up. I tried to cancel once but they talked me out of it but once I received their welcome pack and read it I definitely wanted out and rang to cancel as I was within their 14 day cooling off period. After trying to convince me otherwise they agreed to refund the arrangement fee of £359.58 once they had received all papers back in the post which I did all voided so none could be used.

I have not received me refund and have left messages with no response and cannot get an answer no one picks up the phone. What do I do next. Can anyone help please?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback